High GPA low PCAT.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pigandhippo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm extremely concerned about my Pcat score ( first time taker) I think that I'm not very good at taking standard tests. Here are my stat:
Cumulative GPA 3.88
Science GPA 4.0
Pharm tech experience: just been working for 2 months
Pcat score: 27% percentile ( math 42, Chem 61, bio 24, RC 22, VB 22) English is my 2nd language.
I'm planning to apply into Belmont as the only designated school (no Cali schools... Can't afford to move a whole family) so What are my chances??

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools have the min requirement for PCAT, usually 40% or above.

I got 32 on my first one.. and 72 on my second try. I think you should try taking the PCAT again. Belmont does not have minimum requirements, but you really need to improve your score. a 4.0 GPA means you should be able to get a score close to 99 on bio,chem, and math. English is a second language for me too (only been in the US for 5 years). Do not worry about reading and verbal and focus more on the sciences.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am selling the 2014 version Dr. Collins with 4 updates (JAn 2014, Jan 2013, July 2013, August 2013). It helped raise my composite immensely especially in the science and math portions!

i did not write in it and it is in great condition. anyone Email me if interested! [email protected]

Wow, i wish my Chem, Bio, and Math portion to be that high. Actually I was late for that exam date and had just well over 10 days to prepare for it, I guess I deserve that low of a score. Hopefully next time I would do better. By the way, I used Crack My Pcat software, it didn't help as much I think.

If you have a 4.0 on science and score that low on the PCAT they are going to figure that you guys are making cells out of play-doh and getting free A's

At least pull 70's or 80's in bio/chem/quant

Best of luck, I managed to improve my composite by 30 so I'm sure you can do it

I would strongly recommend retaking the PCAT. Many schools have minimum requirements for your total PCAT score and some even for sub-scores. I would contact the schools you want to apply to to see what their standards are but when it comes to high GPA and a low PCAT it presents a pretty significant disparity in your app. Different ADCOMs weigh GPA/PCAT differently, but I've heard it said that GPAs are subjective based on the school and their course difficulty while the PCAT is standard with everyone taking the same standardized test.