High MCAT Low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1023831

Hey friends,
I just got my MCAT score back and it is 521 (130/130/130/131 on subsections), which is in the 98th percentile. However, I have a low GPA of around 3.5 because of my computer science classes I took for my CS degree. I still have two more years (3rd year in college) to rectify my GPA, but don't think I can really get it far past 3.7. How does that look to MD/PhD programs to have such an unbalanced set of scores?

Members don't see this ad.

You will be fine with multiple choices of MSTPs. What will be most important would be the quality and quality of your research experiences.... Academic benchmarks are ok. Only a handful of programs will not consider you.
Thank you! My research interest is in the computer science side of medical imaging research. Do you happen to know which programs are particularly strong in medical imaging research? I was thinking maybe the Kaiser/Caltech program.

You will be fine with multiple choices of MSTPs. What will be most important would be the quality and quality of your research experiences.... Academic benchmarks are ok. Only a handful of programs will not consider you.

At what GPA with a 521 MCAT do all the programs consider an applicant?