Dec 16, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hey friends,
I just got my MCAT score back and it is 521 (130/130/130/131 on subsections), which is in the 98th percentile. However, I have a low GPA of around 3.5 because of my computer science classes I took for my CS degree. I still have two more years (3rd year in college) to rectify my GPA, but don't think I can really get it far past 3.7. How does that look to MD/PhD programs to have such an unbalanced set of scores?

Fencer

MSTP Director
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2007
TEXAS (Eden)
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
You will be fine with multiple choices of MSTPs. What will be most important would be the quality and quality of your research experiences.... Academic benchmarks are ok. Only a handful of programs will not consider you.

Dec 16, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
You will be fine with multiple choices of MSTPs. What will be most important would be the quality and quality of your research experiences.... Academic benchmarks are ok. Only a handful of programs will not consider you.
Thank you! My research interest is in the computer science side of medical imaging research. Do you happen to know which programs are particularly strong in medical imaging research? I was thinking maybe the Kaiser/Caltech program.

Mar 2, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

At what GPA with a 521 MCAT do all the programs consider an applicant?

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.