High Point University 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charlotter

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey -- anyone else applying/interviewing with HPU? Does anyone know what their interview day is like? I'm really interested in the program and looking forward to getting to see the school and meet some students and faculty!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes! I just sent my application in. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey -- anyone else applying/interviewing with HPU? Does anyone know what their interview day is like? I'm really interested in the program and looking forward to getting to see the school and meet some students and faculty!
Heyhey

I sent my application in 08/2017 and go already had my interview. The day was 3 hours, 2 one on one interviews, a campus tour, and a building tour. Interviews were very conversational

Members don't see this ad :)
Heyhey

I sent my application in 08/2017 and go already had my interview. The day was 3 hours, 2 one on one interviews, a campus tour, and a building tour. Interviews were very conversational

Thanks for the info! My interview is Friday, I was offered September 15 but deferred to the next available date. Congrats on your interview and good luck!

Thanks for the info! My interview is Friday, I was offered September 15 but deferred to the next available date. Congrats on your interview and good luck!

when did you submit your app?

when did you submit your app?

Submitted 8/3, HPU replied saying they got my application on 8/7, I got a call on 8/30 offering me an interview for 9/15 but I requested the second interview date, 9/29. Hope this helps!

Hey everyone,

What were your stats like when applying to HPU, if you don't mind sharing. I'm considering applying to the program. These are my stats:

Overall GPA: 3.34 (calculated by PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.4 (depending on program taking highest grade).
GRE: 149 Verbal, 150 Quant, 5.0 Writing (1st time). Second time on Oct. 13th.
Observation Hours:
  • 217 hours of outpatient (2 different settings).
  • 43 hours of inpatient (1 setting).
  • Currently working an inpatient setting as a rehab aide.
Extra-Curricular:
Founder/President/Senior advisor of Liberty in North Korea Rescue Team, four years of intramural sports, Korean Campus Ministry, guitar teacher, member/eboard of a professional fraternity, and secretary of habitat for humanity.

Volunteer:
Undergraduate learning assistant for biology, Praise team member, counselor, and mentor at my church, volunteer at a retirement living center, clinician at the children developmental clinic, and vacation bible school game leader/praise team leader/group leader.

Employment:
Rehabilitation assistant for an inpatient hospital, resident assistant at the University of Maryland, barista/kitchen staff at Kung Fu Tea, and weight/fitness staff and university’s gym.

Here are my stats. Let me know if you have any questions about what I saw at the interview day! I learned a lot about HPU that I didn't know just from reading their website.

Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.41 for HPU
GRE: 160 Verbal (86%), 158 Quant (69%), 5.5 Writing (98%)
Observation Hours:
  • 260 Outpatient Ortho
  • 50 Inpatient Acute/Rehab Geriatrics
  • 68 Outpatient Peds
Extra-Curricular:
Director of Trans & Non-Binary Collective (3 years), Staff Photographer for two organizations (2 years and 3 years)

Employment:
Medical receptionist for 2 years, Nanny for 2.5 years, currently a medical receptionist at a new location, owner of a photography business for 5 years.

Awards:
Dean's List (3 semesters)

Certifications:
Functional Movement Screen Provider

EDIT: Accepted on 10/21

Last edited:
I got an email this morning from HPU and I was accepted!

Overall GPA: 3.51
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5ish
GRE: 152 Verbal, 157 Quant, 4.5 Writing
Observation Hours:
  • 1980 Outpatient Orthopedics
  • 25 Home Health
  • 25 Skilled Nursing
Extra-Curricular:
Club Lacrosse, Club Snowboarding, Sorority Member

Employment:
Student Recreation (3 years of college), Outpatient PT Aide (1 year), Outpatient PT Front Desk (current)

Anyone know or hear if their program is full? I haven't heard anything yet. I sent in my app
Oct. 10.

Anyone know or hear if their program is full? I haven't heard anything yet. I sent in my app
Oct. 10.
I received a call about 10 days ago for an interview! First date they offered was Dec 8th, I deferred to Jan 5th. Submitted my app oct 23rd.

Heyhey

how many people were at the interview?

It’s been 6 weeks and I still haven’t heard a peep. I emailed them today and they said they are still considering applicants.

Hi Everyone! Just got a call from HPU for an interview on Feb. 2nd. Is anyone else interviewing on that day?

Also, here are my current stats:

Overall GPA:
3.3 (calculated by PTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.3 for HPU
Graduate school GPA: 3.9
GRE (sad face): 143 Verbal (20%), 144 Quant (17%), 4.0 Writing (60%)
***Plan on retaking it at the end of the month to bump my scores up***
Observation Hours:
  • 196 Outpatient Ortho
  • 18 Outpatient Peds
  • 16 Acute care/hospital
Extra-Curricular:
Vice president of Beta Kappa Chi National Scientific Honor Society campus chapter, Secretary of Tri-Beta Biological Honor Society campus chapter, Biology Club, Caribbean Culture Club, volunteered with the Greensboro Children's Museum (All from undergrad)

Member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated (9 years - lifetime,) volunteer for Habitat for Humanity (2005 to present)

I also do other volunteer activities with different organizations throughout the year

Employment:
Current: High school science teacher (6 years) and streetscaper for The Futures Company

Student Life Instructor for summer programs at the North Carolina School of Science and Math (Summer 2017)

Awards:
Inducted into Beta Kappa Chi National Scientific Honor Society and Tri-Beta Biological Honor Society (undergrad)
Teacher of the Year for the 2015-2016 school year (Carver High School)

Certifications:
Professional Educator's License (General Science, 9-12)

Last edited:
I just withdrew my app off the active list so hopefully that helps someone

anyone know what questions they ask?? A list would be GREAT :)

anyone know what questions they ask?? A list would be GREAT :)

During my interview, they didn’t have a set list of questions they asked. They kind of just wanted to get to know you and it was open for you to ask any type of questions you wanted. It was more of a conversation then them pressuring you with a list of questions.

had my interview this last weekend at it was a breeze, they have a really impressive campus and faculty. btw program is basically full from what I could tell, and there is one more interview date in early February after that they'll let us know.