High School Course on Transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shunsui

❀❁❃✿✾❁❀
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took a calc course in HS and got a C in it. Transferred to my college transcript but I ended up taking Calc 1 at my uni anyways. I can mark the HS calc course as a repeat so it won't affect my GPA. I'm wondering if I should proceed with this and how this would look to adcoms if I marked it as a repeat. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Took a calc course in HS and got a C in it. Transferred to my college transcript but I ended up taking Calc 1 at my uni anyways. I can mark the HS calc course as a repeat so it won't affect my GPA. I'm wondering if I should proceed with this and how this would look to adcoms if I marked it as a repeat. Thanks
Doesn't matter how you mark it -- if it's on your college transcript with a grade, it will be included in your AMCAS GPA calculation, so adcoms won't know, care, or see how you marked it.

Reactions: 2 users
Doesn't matter how you mark it -- if it's on your college transcript with a grade, it will be included in your AMCAS GPA calculation, so adcoms won't know, care, or see how you marked it.

This. Years ago DO schools allowed grade replacement but that policy has been discontinued. All dual enrollment college credit counts.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd still mark it as a repeat so it wouldn't affect the GPA at your school; AFAIK schools use their own GPA to determine honors/other merit-based stuff. Internship opportunities will also use your school GPA. Get all the benefits you can out of your school GPA.

But as far as AMCAS is concerned, both grades will count.

Reactions: 1 users
Just to add, it if both courses where introductory calc I, even from different schools, both should be marked as repeat
Why does it make a difference how the courses are marked, if they both have titles and the grades count regardless?