HuskyUC

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys, super upset right now... So I just got my GPA verified and it's much lower than I expected. I had taken a few AP courses but at the time foolishly decided to use the grade in the class for credit rather than the AP score. I got C's for around 12 credits and it has tanked my sGPA and oGPA. I talked to AADSAS and they said it counts as dual enrollment. What I don't understand is that I never transferred those credits into my undergrad institution but the grade and course still appears on my transcript as "Non-degree Record" with an "Early College Experience" subtitle. Is there anything I can do about this or am I just stuck with it at this point?

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Non-Student
There isn't anything you can do. They are still college courses and they all count. What is your GPA? What is your DAT?

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
Hey guys, super upset right now... So I just got my GPA verified and it's much lower than I expected. I had taken a few AP courses but at the time foolishly decided to use the grade in the class for credit rather than the AP score. I got C's for around 12 credits and it has tanked my sGPA and oGPA. I talked to AADSAS and they said it counts as dual enrollment. What I don't understand is that I never transferred those credits into my undergrad institution but the grade and course still appears on my transcript as "Non-degree Record" with an "Early College Experience" subtitle. Is there anything I can do about this or am I just stuck with it at this point?
You seem to be confused on how the system works.

OP
HuskyUC

HuskyUC

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
There isn't anything you can do. They are still college courses and they all count. What is your GPA? What is your DAT?
20 DAT 3.3 overall 3.2 sci.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
HuskyUC

HuskyUC

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
You seem to be confused on how the system works.
What I don't understand is that if it's from high school, then how can it be a part of my undergraduate career?

Also, those credits never applied toward my degree as they were NOT transferred into my institution.

May 19, 2015
What I don't understand is that if it's from high school, then how can it be a part of my undergraduate career?

Also, those credits never applied toward my degree as they were NOT transferred into my institution.

Whether it was transferred to your undergraduate or not, it is still considered "post-secondary" classes despite it being concurrent with your high school classes. That's like if I went to a CC during HS and none of those credits were accepted by my degree it is still college credit that I am accountable for.

OP
HuskyUC

HuskyUC

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Whether it was transferred to your undergraduate or not, it is still considered "post-secondary" classes despite it being concurrent with your high school classes. That's like if I went to a CC during HS and none of those credits were accepted by my degree it is still college credit that I am accountable for.
I wish I had thought of that back then :\

OP
HuskyUC

HuskyUC

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
If it is on your transcript, it is part of your coursework. Sounds like an issue with your undergrad institution, not AADSAS.

The adcoms will probably look past the issue once they look at your coursework, since your GPA still meets the minimum requirements.

I have also heard some schools calculate their own GPA other than the way AADSAS calculates it, so hopefully they will understand the course was in high school. Do you think I should contact schools individually?

cacajuate

5+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2012
Status
I have also heard some schools calculate their own GPA other than the way AADSAS calculates it, so hopefully they will understand the course was in high school. Do you think I should contact schools individually?

Lol what other way is there to calculate an average?

May 19, 2015
Nah man, it's just the way it goes.