High School Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sotano

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My app was verified last week and now that I'm on to secondaries, I've been thinking about this question. Basically, high school grades lowered my GPA and I'm wondering if I should mention anything about it on any secondaries that allow me the opportunities

cGPA: 3.82 -> 3.78 (very small in the grand scheme of things I know)
sGPA: 3.81 -> 3.72 (a bit bigger)

I was in a special program for high achieving students from 7th->10th grade, and starting in 9th grade I received college credit. Because the program was so difficult, a grade of a B- would be translated to an A- for your high school grade, and B->A etc. So although I got straight B's and one B- in the classes I got pretty much all A's in high school (for my high school transcript).

Should I mention anything about this, or just hope it doesn't matter too much?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

They should be able to see the dates you took this coursework and will likely notice and ask why you have college credits from when you were 14

Same here. My high school grades dropped my cgpa a bit. I didn't go into it in my secondaries though.

Don't even mention it, the difference is very small and they will be able to see which courses you took in HS, as GPA is broken down yearly on AMCAS. You're fine.

Reactions: 1 user