High School science classes

studybunny6

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm looking for just a little bit of advice.. I hope to be a biology major in college (but I may change my mind depending when I get there) This is my plan for high school classes please tell me what you think. Btw im a sophomore.

Freshman year: Physical Science, which is sorta like physics but easier for 9th graders.
Sophomore year: Biology 1 Honors
Junior: Chemistry 1 Honors
Senior: AP biology (Pre-Requisites are Biology 1, Chemistry 1) OR I can take Physics 1

Members don't see this ad.

You seem to be in pretty solid shape, just make sure you do well in your honors sciences!
With regards to AP Bio vs Physics 1, see what you think after Honors Bio.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally I'd take physics 1 and have some background knowledge for college than take AP Bio as you won't really get to use the AP credit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why can't you take 2 science courses your senior yr?

Take physics and AP bio. Both will help you in college, when it actually matters what your grades are

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much everyone!

Regarding, I could take AP bio and Physics my senior year but that does seem over stressful? no?

Regarding, I could take AP bio and Physics my senior year but that does seem over stressful? no?

Those two should be fine. Unless you're involved in a bunch of stuff, it shouldn't be too heavy of a course load.

If you can't handle two high school science courses at once, you might be heading in the wrong direction.....

Biology majors generally take multiple science courses every semester during college. You may as well get used to it! Work hard and you'll be just fine.

I am taking three math classes this year, I am heading in the right direction. I just mean I heard its bad to double up on two very hard science courses at the same time because it can sometimes be to much for some people. But I will consider it.

Thank you

I am taking three math classes this year, I am heading in the right direction. I just mean I heard its bad to double up on two very hard science courses at the same time because it can sometimes be to much for some people. But I will consider it.

Thank you
Seriously....if 3 high school science courses at once is too much, you're looking at the wrong career path. I mean that honestly, not spitefully

Please leave if you are going to be rude. I am in high school lose a grip. It's 2 science courses.. Physical science was sorta like physics just saying but when I get to college i'll be learning physics also so whats the point of taking it in high school?

Please leave if you are going to be rude. I am in high school lose a grip. It's 2 science courses.. Physical science was sorta like physics just saying but when I get to college i'll be learning physics also so whats the point of taking it in high school?
The classes are you're taking, including physics (if you chose to) will help you out in college, where grades matter. Med schools/PA/Dental, etc schools won't get a copy of your high school transcripts, but your college grades will matter. So if you can take physics in high school, which will give you an edge in college physics, then why not? Since some colleges don't take AP credits for the major sciences, just use your science AP course as an intro for those subjects.

I would agree. Physics background is important going into college, especially for someone pre-med who absolutely has to do well.

As a biology major, you will learn an obscene amount of biology over the course of your undergrad. No real need to take an extra class.

If I had to pick one, then physics.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello everyone! I'm looking for just a little bit of advice.. I hope to be a biology major in college (but I may change my mind depending when I get there) This is my plan for high school classes please tell me what you think. Btw im a sophomore.

Freshman year: Physical Science, which is sorta like physics but easier for 9th graders.
Sophomore year: Biology 1 Honors
Junior: Chemistry 1 Honors
Senior: AP biology (Pre-Requisites are Biology 1, Chemistry 1) OR I can take Physics 1
You should try to take all the ap sciences, yeah I know it's hard but it'll help you in the long run.(Im taking ap physics C , ap biology, and ap chem within the course of sophomore and junior year)

What I’ve found is that difficulties come when you don’t pay attention to life’s whisper, because life always whispers to you first. And if you ignore the whisper, sooner or later you’ll get a scream. Whatever you resist persists. But if you ask the right question—not why is this happening, but what is this here to teach me—it puts you in the place and space to get the score you need. Hope this answered your question.