high school senior

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swaglhighlevel

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys u'm a senior at high school and i'm planning to be a doctori want to ask does undergraduate affect your admission ? and does UC is better than CSU as an undergraduate college who makes you ready for medical school ?

Members don't see this ad.

gtfo.
Go to high school forum under "forum."

2.0 at Harvard isn't going to get you to med school.
3.9 at only at community college might not be enough to get to you a good school.

and your status says you are pre-dent.
This is pre-med (specifically DO). Go post it on Pre-dent forum and don't post same thing on each forum.

Once again, gtfo. If you don't know what gtfo is, google it.

Reactions: 5 users
hi guys u'm a senior at high school and i'm planning to be a doctori want to ask does undergraduate affect your admission ? and does UC is better than CSU as an undergraduate college who makes you ready for medical school ?

Short answer - No. It does not matter which undergraduate institution you attend, as long as its an accredited institution. Only neurotic pre-meds care about the prestige of their institution because everything is a competition to them, which is pretty sad, in my opinion. Focus on which university you feel will be best for you in terms of location, tuition, and academia. If you are interested in business then go to "X" school, if you are interested in engineering then "Y" school may be better for you, this can be applied to tuition and location as well, so in the end it is all subjective.

You also seem to show "pre-dental" on your status. I used to be pre-dental myself early on in college, i then shadowed a dentist and found that dentistry was not for me. I highly recommend that you shadow a physician and a dentist to get an idea of what their careers are like. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message.

Also, the high school section of SDN (hSDN) may be more helpful to you since there are other individuals in your position and may offer better advice. Good luck and i wish you well on your journey.

Members don't see this ad :)

Undergraduate school barely matters. Choose the school you are happy with

i'm actually haven't decided yet being a pre dental or pre medica
and in my town i have a CSU but i have 3.9 GPA and 2100 SAT so i'm thinking to attend UC but the tuition is high

i'm actually haven't decided yet being a pre dental or pre medica
and in my town i have a CSU but i have 3.9 GPA and 2100 SAT so i'm thinking to attend UC but the tuition is high

Like i said, shadow a dentist and a physician, do some research about them on google to get a better idea of what you'll be getting yourself into.

You seem to have nice stats for a high school student, ask your high school advisor about scholarships, there are many out there you just need to find the ones that you are eligible for.

Short answer - No. It does not matter which undergraduate institution you attend, as long as its an accredited institution. Only neurotic pre-meds care about the prestige of their institution because everything is a competition to them, which is pretty sad, in my opinion. Focus on which university you feel will be best for you in terms of location, tuition, and academia. If you are interested in business then go to "X" school, if you are interested in engineering then "Y" school may be better for you, this can be applied to tuition and location as well, so in the end it is all subjective.

You also seem to show "pre-dental" on your status. I used to be pre-dental myself early on in college, i then shadowed a dentist and found that dentistry was not for me. I highly recommend that you shadow a physician and a dentist to get an idea of what their careers are like. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message.

Also, the high school section of SDN (hSDN) may be more helpful to you since there are other individuals in your position and may offer better advice. Good luck and i wish you well on your journey.

You said what I said but in a more appropriate way. **** you.

Reactions: 1 user
You said what I said but in a more appropriate way. **** you.

...and OP seemed to like your statement over mine. I guess with certain individuals -- being inappropriate will get the point across.

...and OP seemed to like your statement over mine. I guess with certain individuals -- being inappropriate will get the point across.

Yea... I liked yours better though. I'm just a dick.

First, why are we talking about SATs?

Second, how did you manage to get a 2100 with that grammar?! Has the writing section changed in the past 6 years?

First, why are we talking about SATs?

Second, how did you manage to get a 2100 with that grammar?! Has the writing section changed in the past 6 years?
They are getting rid of the writing section in 1-2 years. I know this because my brother is taking them and he told me. Regardless, let's give the OP the benefit of the doubt and assume TapTalk didn't workout for him ;)

Reactions: 1 user
gtfo.
Go to high school forum under "forum."

2.0 at Harvard isn't going to get you to med school.
3.9 at only at community college might not be enough to get to you a good school.

and your status says you are pre-dent.
This is pre-med (specifically DO). Go post it on Pre-dent forum and don't post same thing on each forum.

Once again, gtfo. If you don't know what gtfo is, google it.
Dude, relax. Let him know about the other forums. No need to spazz on a kid looking for information.