1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

High School Transcript?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by teethhh, Nov 20, 2005.

1. teethhh

teethhh New Member

Why do some schools request a high school transcript and how do they use it? I am concerned bc as a high school student I did poorly, never cared about doing well, took the SAT blindly not even knowing what it was testing me on. My high school transcript clearly does not reflect who I am today and what my capabilities are.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. food4thots

food4thots Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i ask the same ?'s. the only 2 schools that i know of that you need to send in hs transcript is ucla, and bufalo.

4. dat_student

dat_student Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

and Harvard

5. I'mFillingFine

I'mFillingFine Pulptastic
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yes, if anyone could shed light on this, that would be appreciated! Since I had to send H.S. transcripts to Buffalo and Harvard, my interested was piqued. I imagine they just want a better idea of your lifetime as a student, of upward trends, strengths and weaknesses? I just wonder if they put any weight on maturity with age, since I did fine in junior and senior year of high school, but used freshman year to discover myself and had other priorities. (Like dating :))