High School Transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teethhh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why do some schools request a high school transcript and how do they use it? I am concerned bc as a high school student I did poorly, never cared about doing well, took the SAT blindly not even knowing what it was testing me on. My high school transcript clearly does not reflect who I am today and what my capabilities are.

Members don't see this ad.

i ask the same ?'s. the only 2 schools that i know of that you need to send in hs transcript is ucla, and bufalo.

food4thots said:
i ask the same ?'s. the only 2 schools that i know of that you need to send in hs transcript is ucla, and bufalo.

and Harvard

Yes, if anyone could shed light on this, that would be appreciated! Since I had to send H.S. transcripts to Buffalo and Harvard, my interested was piqued. I imagine they just want a better idea of your lifetime as a student, of upward trends, strengths and weaknesses? I just wonder if they put any weight on maturity with age, since I did fine in junior and senior year of high school, but used freshman year to discover myself and had other priorities. (Like dating :))