1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

High School Transcript?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by teethhh, Nov 20, 2005.

1. teethhh

teethhh New Member

Why do some schools request a high school transcript and how do they use it? I am concerned bc as a high school student I did poorly, never cared about doing well, took the SAT blindly not even knowing what it was testing me on. My high school transcript clearly does not reflect who I am today and what my capabilities are.

2. food4thots

food4thots Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i ask the same ?'s. the only 2 schools that i know of that you need to send in hs transcript is ucla, and bufalo.

3. dat_student

dat_student Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

and Harvard

4. I'mFillingFine

I'mFillingFine Pulptastic
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yes, if anyone could shed light on this, that would be appreciated! Since I had to send H.S. transcripts to Buffalo and Harvard, my interested was piqued. I imagine they just want a better idea of your lifetime as a student, of upward trends, strengths and weaknesses? I just wonder if they put any weight on maturity with age, since I did fine in junior and senior year of high school, but used freshman year to discover myself and had other priorities. (Like dating :))