High school transcripts and SAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a1bui

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to apply, so I have a quick question: Some schools require SAT score reports, and High school transcripts...How do I get these?

Well, the high school report is a little obvious, but will most high schools still have your records? Will they charge me?

Also, I went to collegeboard for the SAT scores, and they don't have my scores anymore. :(

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Most, if not all high schools keep your records for years and years. It probably depends on the school as to whether or not they'll charge you, I know the ones where I live charge 3 bucks for each transcript. They should have your SAT scores on them as well!

I had to call my school district administration department. The high school itself will only hold your transcript so long. I'd been archived by the time I'd applied. My SAT and ACT scores were listed on my transcript.. so that was all I had to get.

I never understood why some of the schools want this. You're in college, it really doesn't matter anymore.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had to get a signed notary document stating that i was in fact, iiiiimonica*
i don't know why they needed my HS transcripts either or SAT's but they did.
i took about 3 weeks totalt to get my transcripts, and it cost 8 bucks per.

*not my real name

cpw said:
I never understood why some of the schools want this. You're in college, it really doesn't matter anymore.

I totally agree with you! :thumbup:

Does UHCO require these kinds of information?

kittyn said:
I totally agree with you! :thumbup:

Does UHCO require these kinds of information?

I don't think they do require those. I didn't submit anything like that and my application went through.

StplrDncr said:
I don't think they do require those. I didn't submit anything like that and my application went through.

Yay! :D

What a relief! :laugh:

cpw said:
I can't remember which school wanted it.. I think it was either SCCO or UCBSO.

SCCO wants it!

but are they the ONLY one?

I just got my high school transcripts today, and they don't have my SAT scores on them. My counselor included a seperate single paged transcript (not in an envelope) so I can see it, but I don't see the scores anywhere on there.

Were the SAT scores supposed to be on a seperate sheet? Did anyone have to get the SAT scores elsewhere?

Thanks again.

I wouldn't stress too much about it. I called SCCO and they said if i could get the high school transcripts..great, if not, that was Ok too. I graduated last year with a BS in Bio and high school was crappy for me, but if you did well then use it. I believe the same holds true for most other schools.

if they're not on you're hstranscript, they should be on your college transcript!

I wouldn't stress too much about it. I called SCCO and they said if i could get the high school transcripts..great, if not, that was Ok too. I graduated last year with a BS in Bio and high school was crappy for me, but if you did well then use it. I believe the same holds true for most other schools.

OMG WHAAAAAT?

my hs was not that great...but i just sent it in because i was under the impression that it was REQUIRED!! that really sucks how they make it seem like it is required!!!

this sucks...well HS was not too bad...but nothing impressing...thats for Sure!

Are you serious? Where did you get this info from?

Well I graduated HS in 2001 and I personally did not find the point in going back that far, considering I was not taking school that serious. Anywho, I didn't feel like digging back that far to get those scores/trasncripts and called SCCO and explained to them I didn't have the materials blah blah. The counselor said I didn't have to worry about it. I graduated last year with a BS in Bio with an overall GPA of 3.32, so she said not to worry about it.