high score PCAT reading experience

Started by cimdy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cimdy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone who scored high in PCAT reading share your experience in how toimprove it and the time needed to prepare for it? Please be specific.

Many thanks.😀
 
Can anyone who scored high in PCAT reading share your experience in how toimprove it and the time needed to prepare for it? Please be specific.

Many thanks.😀

read the entire passage before trying to answer the questions...then answer all questions in pamphlet before transferring answers to answer bubbles.

also, try reading medical articles before taking pcat...it'll get you in the right frame of mind.

my reading score = 96
 
I got an 86 on the reading with ZERO studying. That is the only section where I actually had time left over on. The math was the toughest part for me. Gotta be able to calculate quick! If you're not really good with that I would suggest spending time to practice on that.
 
First of all, English is my second language, but I got an 86 on the reading comprehension because of a tip I found on this website. You read the article at a faster speed (but slow enough that you would comprehend it) and you underline what you think is the most important aspects of the section. That way it will be easy to find the answers when you read the questions.
Oh ya, do not dwell on the "voice / tune of the author" questions, just come back to them later because they are the most time consuming, not to mention, most aggravating questions.
I had 10 min to spare on this section that I wished I could have used on the math part.
 
First of all, English is my second language, but I got an 86 on the reading comprehension because of a tip I found on this website. You read the article at a faster speed (but slow enough that you would comprehend it) and you underline what you think is the most important aspects of the section. That way it will be easy to find the answers when you read the questions.
Oh ya, do not dwell on the "voice / tune of the author" questions, just come back to them later because they are the most time consuming, not to mention, most aggravating questions.
I had 10 min to spare on this section that I wished I could have used on the math part.

You should post this earlier!!! I bumped the reading section🙁