High Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chris ergot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of mere curiosity, are there any pre-dents here who where not accepted to a school, but had a GPA above 3.95?

i know having good stats is just a piece of the pie, but im curious to see.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, but I'm specifically looking for high GPA students. This is most definitely not high.
I’ve seen students with 3.9’s get rejected after interview and not get interviews at other schools. As to that thread, that person with a GPA around 3.6 and an amazing DAT score has a lot more wiggle to a variety of dental schools just because his GPA isn’t the best it could be ensuring other dental schools that the candidate will be worth their time in interviewing vs. someone with both high GPA and DAT. I learned it’s really not all about stats and that I was also fortunate enough to receive more interviews than people with way higher GPA and DAT. It really depends on your application overall.

I feel like schools take into consideration how good your stats are so they don’t waste their time interviewing you because they feel you will get a lot other offers as well. This is just my opinion but with experience from my friends, this feels very accurate.

Just because a school has low average matriculates doesn’t mean it’s easier for someone with way higher stats to get in. Every school is different and sometimes the best stats won’t even sure you an interview. You have to be careful with where you choose to apply.

To be fair, just saying a high GPA above 3.95 without listing a specific major means nothing.... an Engineering major with a 3.2 GPA vs. a Science (Bio/Chem/Physics/etc) major with a 3.6 GPA vs. an XYZ (Social Sci, PolSci, Eng, History, etc) major with a 4.0 GPA are all very different. I would say GPAs are a very small part of the admissions process and are probably just used to screen those below a 3.0 out, and then later to corroborate DAT scores...

Reactions: 1 users