"High" Waitlist at TUCOM-MI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hansdieter702

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently put on the high waitlist at TUCOM-CA after interviewing there a couple of weeks ago. Are there any current students out there that were waitlisted and got in? What are my chances for getting in fall 2006?

I really liked the school when I interviewed and hope I'll be accepted for this upcoming year if not for the following. Also can any TUCOM students fill me in on MS3/4 rotations? What percentage of the class stays in the bay area and where do most people end up doing their rotations? Just curious. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hansdieter702 said:
I was recently put on the high waitlist at TUCOM-CA after interviewing there a couple of weeks ago. Are there any current students out there that were waitlisted and got in? What are my chances for getting in fall 2006?

I really liked the school when I interviewed and hope I'll be accepted for this upcoming year if not for the following. Also can any TUCOM students fill me in on MS3/4 rotations? What percentage of the class stays in the bay area and where do most people end up doing their rotations? Just curious. Thanks
Very very good.

Hello congrats on being put on the high wait list, but I have to admit that reading this kinda scared me. TUCOM-MI is my TOP choice school and I sent out my primary applications pretty late and it was finally sent to the schools 11/17...
It kinda worries me that they are already waitlisting students....now i feel like I have no chance (i still havent received my secondary)

When were you complete at this school and when was your interview?

Thanks so much and good luck to you.

:)

hansdieter702 said:

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied early and was complete at the end of august. I just interviewed on 11/14 and heard back the following friday. I'm really not sure how many people have been accepted yet but I know quite a few people were accepted early decision this year. You still have a shot at an interview.

I had to decline my acceptance to Touro-MI -- hopefully this will help.

Oh yeah, I think Dr. Haight said that 30-35 people were accepted early decision at my interview on 9/26.

Good luck!

I had my interview on 11/1, and at that point, they had already granted acceptances to around 40-50 students. The previous poster is correct: 35 were Early Decision, so this year they said that they're on pace to get 4,000 applications for the remaining 100 spots. So, as of 11/1, there were about 50 spots left, and I'm sure about 10-20 got accepted out of my interview group, which found out 11/18. Doesn't sound very hopeful, but also keep in mind that they will accept more than they have seats for (they said about 180 or so). Keep the faith, and slay that interview!

I interviewed on 11/22 and Dr. Haight said that 35 students were early decision, which means that even if you didn't get in this year, as a high waitlister, you are almost a shoo-in for the EDP. We also specifically asked him about the waitlists and he said that last year was the first year he didn't get all the way through the high waitlist group but typically nearly everyone on high waitlist gets in sometime before term starts. Also at my interview, there were still more seats than interviewees, meaning that in theory, everyone could be accepted that interviews, but that phase is nearing the end, and the process will soon become much more competitive. The plus side to this is that TUCOM knows how many seats are left by only giving a 2 week window to accept or decline a spot and placing a hefty deposit (2G's) to gain more security in knowing who will be attending. I hope I get in!