Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

high waitlisted at TUCOM CA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by drdonuts27, Feb 15, 2007.

1. drdonuts27

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Help what is my chances being at TUCOM CA if i am placed on high wait list. I need some insight to this

2. digital01

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    During my interview, Dr. Haight stated that traditionally everyone off the high waitlist gets in, or has a very good chance of getting in, I think you should be alright:thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. digital01

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Chances are they liked you, but liked several others just slightly better. It is getting to the time where they don't have the room to accept everyone in your group of interviews.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OP
    OP
    drdonuts27

2+ Year Member

thank you for that comment what is the chance i will be accepted early decision next year if i dont get in

5. digital01

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Honestly, I don't have an exact answer for you as a late applicant myself. BUT, to me it seems like you'd have an excellent chance! Is TUCOM your top choice? You might consider sending them a letter letting them know this. However, from what Dr. Haight said during my interview in January, I think you will have your acceptance this year!

6. mletter

mletter It's all in the reflexes
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    What about medium waitlisters? Any comments on that list?

7. digital01

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    He said sometimes you get off, but it varies, no guarantees on that list.

8. digital01

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    There isn't a guarantee on the high priority list either, but you have to wait through the entire high priority list before you even get looked at.

9. cbenedic

cbenedic Wolverine for life
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hey there,

i was medium waitlisted at tucom for class of 2010 and got the early accept for class of 2011...my interview was only in april. anyways..if your high on the list..odds are u will get in this year or the next at least..keep them updated regularly and stay in touch with the office. good luck! :luck:

10. medicalkiss

medicalkiss AZCOM 2012
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was high waitlisted and told I should get pulled and didnt... only 3 people that year did, making it tough to get early accept that year too, which i didnt. it really depends on the class.

11. OP
    OP
    drdonuts27

2+ Year Member

Kinda of interesting how you can be high waitlisted when you didnt get a interview with a mcat score of 20. I thought you had to be interviewed to be considered for admission. apparently you dont know anything. I checked out your history.

12. OP
    OP
    drdonuts27

2+ Year Member

Thank you for your comment. You have been helpful. Does anyone know how many people there are on the high and medium waiting list

13. mletter

mletter It's all in the reflexes
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Burn!

14. LilMango

LilMango Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Which Is better TUCOM CA or TUCOM NV? I think Ca has a longer history and therefore more affiliations with hospitals, but I liked the actual NV "campus" better and the whole vibe was better in NV. What would most ppl choose?

15. pre-med Ned

pre-med Ned I heart Spongebob
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm placed as a high alternate at TUCOM-MI and also on the waitlist at TUCOM-NV. I really really really want to get into the one on Mare Island. So if I had to choose, I'd choose TUCOM-MI.