high yield gross anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicinehopeful

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i've started using hy gross anatomy now to review for the boards. and i thought that i would read each chapter and take the necessary notes into first aid so that come june i would only study anatomy from first aid. but there is tons of info in the hy book, and i know that i wont be able to remember it all. so how are the rest of you thinking of tackling gross on step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

I like the book, and it is pretty short. When I review a topic, such as GI, I read the HY anatomy, embryo, and histo. It gives you a pretty good background for when you want to start studying phys or path.

I don't think copying things into FA from a HY book is a smart idea. They are called HY for a reason. Most things are important, and to copy things down would be copying the entire book.

My advice to HY Anatomy, (and the others) - don't try to read them cover to cover. Just review the relavant sections when you are studying to path and phys. (Who knows if this will work, but I sure hope it does)