Highest BMI you have seen?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Shattering my previous record, new patient on our service: 139.

I didn't know this was possible. Made me curious so I looked up the highest ever and apparently it's 185 according to wikipedia
Jon Brower Minnoch - Wikipedia

the old dog even married a lady and fathered two children. Gotta say, I am definitely impressed.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't know this was possible. Made me curious so I looked up the highest ever and apparently it's 185 according to wikipedia
Jon Brower Minnoch - Wikipedia

the old dog even married a lady and fathered two children. Gotta say, I am definitely impressed.

Patients be like
“I’m tall see that I’m 6’1”. I’m not overweight :bullcrap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Today. BMI of 59. Patient was HYPERthyroid. Yes, that is correct, hyper not hypo. Dr was dumbfounded, and said she should have been losing weight with her condition and he’s not sure why she is not. Patient said she’s been big her entire life, and she doesnt feel that she’s overweight, because she’s been big as long as she can remember. Her BMI again, is 59. We had to treat the hyperthyroidism because of the other problems it was causing, but the doctor told the patient she has to lose weight anyway. Patient denies that she has to lose weight. Her A1C was 6.4 and her fasting glucose was 124. I suppose she’s on a mission to be diabetic. (We were impressed she isn’t yet...)

Just FYI, type 2 DM is very familial, and while it can typically be diet controlled in many patients who acquire it, there seems to be some patients that just never get it no matter how fat they are, and some who get it even though they are only mildly overweight.

I've had a couple of 80+ BMI. Had to put a central line in someone with a spinal needle a couple weeks ago...

At that point I'd be like you did this to yourself good luck in your future endeavours

Reactions: 1 user
Wait you guys don’t make the Med students hold the panniculus?!

Scheduling my away now.

Reactions: 2 users
The highest BMI I've ever seen was about 80 on my surgery rotation, got a nice workout there.

As a medical student on ICU, I held back a fat pannus for a femoral line that took an hour. I was sweating and shaking by the end, had to sit down for a bit.

A short while later on vascular, I watched the surgery resident just silk tape the pannus back and I cursed out the IM resident in my head.

Reactions: 1 user