Highest MCAT Score in AAMC History

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doko

holla atcha boy!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, my co-workers and I were discussing the highest MCAT Score that anyone has gotten, and I read somewhere that a 45 has NEVER been achieved in AAMC's history!

I mean, Gaylord Focker did get a 99% in all the sections, but what normal people like you and me?

Does anyone know the highest? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Doko said:
Today, my co-workers and I were discussing the highest MCAT Score that anyone has gotten, and I read somewhere that a 45 has NEVER been achieved in AAMC's history!

I mean, Gaylord Focker did get a 99% in all the sections, but what normal people like you and me?

Don't tell that to any of the people who post here, because there are more than a few that have gotten around a 45 lol. Seriously, I have to believe that someone has done it. I don't know if they should be proud, or really worried about themselves.

It would be pretty much by luck - a mistake-free performance just isn't possible, and you could have at most 1 or 2 wrong to get a 45.

Doko said:

:laugh: :laugh:

Isn't GF from that movie, "Meet the Parents?"

Anyhow, I'm certain that aaamc.org may have some type of statistics to help you answer this question..Just as a minor note, I do know that my first Kaplan instructor had earned a 40 on his MCAT exam :eek:. He retook the exam to earn a higher score, and I believe that his score was raised to 42 or 43. That's actually quite scary..I personally would be satisfied with the 40..

Members don't see this ad :)
Doko said:

If you pay attention, you will see that Gaylord Focker actually scored in the 97% percentile. What is that? 36? 37? :D

ok...regarding the highest score...
i am an undergrad in elec. engineering at UT-austin...my research mentor was a PhD (not an MD) from Johns Hopkins...he took the mcat just for the heck of it....studied for 2 weeks and pulled off a 44 :eek: ...no kidding

he is like a GOD man...i mean, i can see a 41, 42 but a 44...wtf

:)

willthatsall said:
If you pay attention, you will see that Gaylord Focker actually scored in the 97% percentile. What is that? 36? 37? :D

i think he got a 42 from the movie..

13, 14, 15

Doko said:

You really have to break up the exams into three categories:

Pre 1991... I don't know how the exam was before this, but they completely reformulated it in 1991.

1991-2002: This exam had 13-15 Verbal section as the top score, so instead of "13" or "14" or "15" showing up on a score report, you got "13-15", counting as a 15 making it a good bit easier to achieve a top score.

2003 forward: 13, 14 and 15 was restored to the VR section.

My understanding is that prior to 2003, several students (1-15?) Achieved a "perfect" score each year (43-45). Barring this recent MCAT administration, I think the top score in the 2003 forward range is a 43.

JH

My kaplan instructor got a 44! He's in a MD/PhD program! This guy had an undergraduate degree in music, wtf!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
akalin24 said:
My kaplan instructor got a 44! He's in a MD/PhD program! This guy had an undergraduate degree in music, wtf!!!!!

Not unheard of... I know a girl who got a 42 on her MCAT and she was an Art major... She didn't even know she was good at science until she took chemistry. Then decided to take everything else, including the MCAT, and bam.

:eek:

Fermata said:
Cmz on this message board got a 15B,15P,13-15V(when it was still instituted).

He's a nice guy, too....

Don't know him, but did you personally see the report from AAMC?

Its quite an accomplishment.

It's interesting, I really think some people are just great at taking these types of tests. I know a girl in highschool, who took the ACT and made 35 on it. I know ACT is *nowhere* near the MCAT, but the thing is of course the girl is brilliant, but in real life stuff she was ditzy and didn't have much common sense.

What I don't understand is how art majors could make the VERY high scores. I guess the free standing questions don't count much. If you haven't really taken the upper level science classes, I don't see how you can get the pure knowledge questions correct?

bobby_chamo said:
...If you haven't really taken the upper level science classes, I don't see how you can get the pure knowledge questions correct?

Most of them should be doable (at least down to two choices) with just high school sciences, for someone with really good recall. The exception is organic chemistry.

liverotcod said:
Most of them should be doable (at least down to two choices) with just high school sciences, for someone with really good recall. The exception is organic chemistry.

Agreed. I haven't taken physiology, but I did some of it in high school. That with some Kaplan comp. review was ok for me. Even physics and g.chem could be answered with good high school knowledge and good review of the basics. Well, we'll see when the scores come out.