Highest Possible COMLEX Score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sockdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the highest possible score is on the COMLEX? In theory it is 800, but x percentage of questions are thrown out as test questions for future tests.

Yes, fortunately I did well on comlex-it was not without a LOT of time and effort. In my case, it is unfortunate that they don't give %, because so few program directors understand the scores.

I am wondering if I can legitimately say that I am in the top 1% of scores-nervous about specialty. Program does not favor DO's and anything I can do in my favor would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

They do strange things with the COMLEX 3 scores. My friend got above an 840 on the COMLEX 3, but in the mid 700's on COMLEX 2. The percentile was the same, but the 2 digit score dropped on the COMLEX 3. I saw the score report for myself, especially since we both thought that it was odd that a COMLEX 2, two digit score of 99 and a COMLEX 3 score of greater than 800 gave less than 99 on the 2 digit score. You should be able to calculate your percentile based on the standard deviation and mean that they give you. There are equations on studentdoctor.

I am wondering if I can legitimately say that I am in the top 1% of scores-nervous about specialty. Program does not favor DO's and anything I can do in my favor would be helpful.

You supposedly scored in the "top 1%" of scorers and you wrote a sentence like this? :rolleyes:

Novado, that 840 is just sick! I've never even heard of scores that high. In fact the highest I've heard on any part of COMLEX was a 757 on part-I.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my scores back today. All I can say it that it's possible to score over 840.;)

I just got my scores back today. All I can say it that it's possible to score over 840.;)

Damn bro, strong work.

You should consider working for COMBANK. Btw, did you use COMBANK? How did you DO it? (ha!..sorry, bad joke).

I don't know what COMBANK is. Honestly, all I did was read over Savarese the day before. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm an EM resident so the vast majority of the test was bread-and-butter EM stuff.

Last edited:

I don't know what COMBANK is. Honestly, all I did was read over Savarese the day before. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm an EM resident so the vast majority of the test was bread-and-butter EM stuff.

:bow: