Highlighters come in cool colors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiahs

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share these profound thoughts I'm having at 2 in the morning. There is like purple and green and dark blue and they are all liquid.... how weird is that. I got one that fits on a key chain for free, wonder when I'll use that one. Okay that's it for now. :D Let me apologize in advance for taking up your precious study time. But hey you clicked on th post.... :p

Members don't see this ad.

I hate buying a used book only to find that the majority of text on every page is highlighted. WTF. If you're going to do that then you should save some money and just highlight the text you don't need to know. Also this one person highlighted all the bold words...

kiahs said:
Just thought I'd share these profound thoughts I'm having at 2 in the morning. There is like purple and green and dark blue and they are all liquid.... how weird is that. I got one that fits on a key chain for free, wonder when I'll use that one. Okay that's it for now. :D Let me apologize in advance for taking up your precious study time. But hey you clicked on th post.... :p

Apparently, you also like smelling them, too! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
No, no absolutely no smelling but I guess I had to have seen that coming. There is always one who takes it in the wrong way. And yes I can't stand the pink highlighter at all, it "feels like burning" when you look at it on those glossy mcat book pages. And I hate highlighting in books to, I usually make notes in a seperate note book and use the highlighter to jot down points I have trouble remembering.

highlighters are ghey. i hate when i open up my used books and see every freaking word highlighted, like it made any difference to the previous person's grade. i mean, i'm looking at a page right now and this person highlighted a whole freaking page only leaving words like "the" and "is" unhighlighted. wtf is the point of that. i've never highlighted a day in my life and i do fine. i think people highlight to make it feel like they did something. i find a lot of my friends just highlight without even understanding what they highlighted just to make them feel like they actually studied.

blz said:
highlighters are ghey. i hate when i open up my used books and see every freaking word highlighted, like it made any difference to the previous person's grade. i mean, i'm looking at a page right now and this person highlighted a whole freaking page only leaving words like "the" and "is" unhighlighted. wtf is the point of that. i've never highlighted a day in my life and i do fine. i think people highlight to make it feel like they did something. i find a lot of my friends just highlight without even understanding what they highlighted just to make them feel like they actually studied.

I know! I never highlight textbooks, and I remember getting a couple used books first year that were completely highlighted from front to end...it was really frustrating.

If you highlight correctly, it can save a lot of time when u go back and try to review old concepts.

I hate, hate, hate highlighters. In my freshman year I got stuck with textbooks highlighted from cover to cover. What's the point? I blame my bad grades for that year on the high-lights. How the hell can you read the book while the color burns your retina? And trust me, people use the pink highlighter...really use it.

I can't believe this many people responded but it's true, I never highlight in books it makes me crazy, And yes I do know people who highlight entire books and know nothing, I agree blz your right . I was just stuck by their liquidness? Is that a word, well it is now. Alright off to organic.

Medikit said:
What, you mean the one that covers half the pages in my biochem book?

Man, that's the last time I don't look at the pages before I buy a used book.

That would be me. Real men use pink highlighters.

if i wanted a coloring book, i would jack one from my little sister. i wouldn't use my biochem book.