hilarious e-mail from mt.sinai

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
J

jot

i just got the e-mail from mt.sinai -- and it lists the e-mail of everyone that is getting the secondary (up to this point) in the to field, one by one. i'm holding myself back from replying all with something like "lay off my turf" or "help, i lost my sock" to every person applying there. if anyone has anything really funny suggestions, i'll give it a shot -- i may not apply there anyway:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

i was going to post them and let you count them - but i figure someone is bound to get pissed - rough calculation was about ~900.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't this a gross violation of our privacy?

I just got that Sinai email... again. Same thing. And both requested a return recept. I pitty the fool (as Mr. T would say) who has to wade through all of the return recepts.

Also, the link given for the secondary brings me to a single page document (the instructions for the secondary). Has anybody managed to get the whole secondary?

w s j d? JOT SHOULD POST!
h h o o
a o t
t u
l
d

That didn't work out too well. Anyways I say post.

umm yeah - dunno whats up with the link to the secondary - wierdos - they sent this link, but to my knowledge it only has the instructions, and no other secondary. i don't think that you just send in a check, because the instructions strongly allude to more being there .... :

The Supplemental Application can
be downloaded from <http://www.mssm.edu/medschool/admissions/admissions.shtml>.
Completed applications must be returned by December 15, 2002. Students interested in applying to
our MST (MD/PhD) Program can obtain information about the program at
<http://www.mssm.edu/gradschool/mst_home.shtml> and details about the application process at <http://www.mssm.edu/medschool/admissions/admissions.shtml>.

riiiight

Originally posted by jot
umm yeah - dunno whats up with the link to the secondary - wierdos - they sent this link, but to my knowledge it only has the instructions, and no other secondary. i don't think that you just send in a check, because the instructions strongly allude to more being there .... :

The Supplemental Application can
be downloaded from <http://www.mssm.edu/medschool/admissions/admissions.shtml>.
Completed applications must be returned by December 15, 2002. Students interested in applying to
our MST (MD/PhD) Program can obtain information about the program at
<http://www.mssm.edu/gradschool/mst_home.shtml> and details about the application process at <http://www.mssm.edu/medschool/admissions/admissions.shtml>.

Come'n JOT

riiiight

that's weird... i didn't get that email. mt sinai doesn't screen correct? did anyone else not receive that email either? i have heard nothing from mt sinai so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
i wouldn't know if i got it since my stupid e-mail account is down....

+pissed+

is anyone else having problems getting on mt. sinai's site, or is it just the network/server where i'm at??

Originally posted by jot
i just got the e-mail from mt.sinai -- and it lists the e-mail of everyone that is getting the secondary (up to this point) in the to field, one by one. i'm holding myself back from replying all with something like "lay off my turf" or "help, i lost my sock" to every person applying there. if anyone has anything really funny suggestions, i'll give it a shot -- i may not apply there anyway:laugh:

Haha, "help I lost my sock", that's hilarious. Try offering money to write people's essays for them..

Last year, UMich made the same mistake when they sent out an email with the secondary. Problem is, they also listed AMCAS ID's next to every person's name, which was all that was required to access the app. They had to send out a second email threatening legal action if anyone used someone else's ID. . .

You'd think they could be a little more careful with these things :rolleyes:

Originally posted by alphacentauri
Last year, UMich made the same mistake when they sent out an email with the secondary. Problem is, they also listed AMCAS ID's next to every person's name, which was all that was required to access the app. They had to send out a second email threatening legal action if anyone used someone else's ID. . .

Wouldn't it be easier to ask for a SSN or last name when you login.

i think what you should start doing is hitting on the girls applying to the school...
be like, 'ladies... i just wanted to let you know... i love all y'all.'

p

'i lost my sock' would be funny too..
what if you just responded to everyone pretending to only be responding to the school...

like:

'hi, i just have a few concerns about the school. i have constant diarrhea and was curious how evenly spaced the restrooms are on campus.'

better yet...
just go on hotmail-
create a new account
and then start spamming everyone with funny ishk.
p

oh man - i think i might not apply to the school just so i can abuse that list --- right now "help, i lost my sock" is good, and i also don't mind the hitting on the ladies one.;) after taking another look at the e-mail list its pretty wierd, besides a ton of hotmail and yahoo accounts its full of ivy league schools and a few strays like me. a friend from school is on the list, but hes waiting to take the august mcat. whatever - if only they would actually post their secondary now.
-jot

Oookayyy.....

#1. I didn't get the e-mail yet either.

#2. What do they mean "no snapshots"? I've been using a copy of my graduation pics. Does that count as a no-no?

:confused:

Originally posted by alphacentauri

LOL!! WHOOOOOO!!!

i am going to submit a picture of me in speedos riding a horse down the freeway.
p

snapshots refer to purely casual pics that you take on vacations or something - basically if you can tell that at the time you took it you weren't thinking about using it for med school, then its a snapshot. i took my own pic with a digital camera ... and if they don't take it then oh well. anybody else get the e-mail?
-jot

Jot, you're applying for MSTP right? Maybe only MSTP people got the email. Because that's the only application on the website so far.

nah - i hope not - 900 people applying mstp is pretty damn scary for 8 spots. my friend that is on the list is definately not mstp - seems to be a med only list.

I'm not applying to the MD/PHD and I still got the e-mail. Both the MSTP and regular applications are up on their site. Is Sinai screening or not? I figured since I won't take the MCAT til August that they must not be screening and just sent it to everyone in the first batch of AMCAS apps or something.

I didn't get the email, and I was one of the earliest submitted and verified. My stats aren't too shabby, either.
Anyway, the supp. is the exact same one as last year's!

Originally posted by poloace
i am going to submit a picture of me in speedos riding a horse down the freeway.
p

:laugh: send me one too!

i'll see what i can put together... i mean, i don't mind showing off what i don't have (an atheltic body and the junk).

p

i got the email too. so many people!!

you could configure an email account so that you appear to be the mssm dean of admissions, then send email a rejection letter to everyone on the list!! :p Better to try this from a public computer though.

Oh of course, wait a few months until everyone's submitted their secondaries.... :p

(j/k)

jot-
your website is rad... its very refreshing.
so, where are all the honeys?

p

i like the idea of the journal you've put together... i'd like to check it out if possible. i will give you some advice though--- you shouldn't make your personal statement available for all to view... its not a good idea. i enjoyed reading it- but, if it falls in the wrong hands, you could find yourself dealing with a lot of shi.t anyway, i'm out

p

Originally posted by Bikini Princess
i got the email too. so many people!!

you could configure an email account so that you appear to be the mssm dean of admissions, then send email a rejection letter to everyone on the list!! :p Better to try this from a public computer though.

Oh of course, wait a few months until everyone's submitted their secondaries.... :p

(j/k)

You wouldn't do that to us, would you? :(

i will give you some advice though--- you shouldn't make your personal statement available for all to view... its not a good idea

oh man - i don't know how anyone could jack my ps, its a wierd one, but enough people have recommended i take it down. for now i guess until amcas is done.

i like the idea of the journal you've put together... i'd like to check it out if possible

it is coming together - should be in press by early october, and a pdf will be on the site before that - keep on looking:) it better be good, otherwise the bookies will be after my legs for 60k. :laugh:

-jot

same question as for pitt, except this is about secondaries and not interviews:

are all of you who have gotten the secondary e-mail from mssm MD/PhD? i don't understand why i haven't gotten the e-mail since i definitely fall in their stats range and my personal statement and EC's are strong. oh, well.... will wait a few more days before i start to really worry. i have enough secondaries to worry about right now, anyway :p

the e-mail was for reg md people as well. i'm not sure what their deal is. whatever, i'm sending their sh*te out today.
-jot

i just got a 3rd e=mail from them with the same message - this time there was only me in the to field - i guess they fixed it.