Hipaa and tigertext for a doctors office

Started by a1pv74all
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

a1pv74all

New Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone?

Also want to add, that they (tigertext) just added the ability to upload files to Dropbox, and those files can also like their text messages, set with a auto delete time.

Would love it if any one can shair any experience they have with Tigertext and whether is is a go HIPAA solution for text messages and file transfer?
 
new member (nursing student), but I was searching Google for more information on a similar texting/HIPAA website and thought I should respond. Sorry if it doesn't help.

But you are right in that some doctors were worried about the HIPAA compliance of TigerText. At least the once that I have been in contact with, many refuse to use services that do not explicitly state their HIPAA status. The site I was looking into is called HippoMSG. A few of doctors I know have just signed up, and have recommended it to the nursing students to use as it seems very professional.

I'm still kind of iffy on joining any website, but maybe this will help you?

http://hippomsg.com/
 
Last edited: