Hiring a PA/NP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PMR2008

PM&R
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to hire a PA/NP to work for me in a outpatient pain/sports medicine clinic and also help run rehab programs in 2 subacute rehab facilities. I wanted some suggestions from the members of this form on what the best strategy would be for looking for an ideal candidate. My practice will be in a town outside of Chicago so I was considering contacting the local PA school Deans. Is there an online job board specifically for PA's. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

a few ideas.
contact your state pa society and have them put it on their web page job board.
post an ad in the journal of the aapa
post an ad on the aapa job link site(start at www.aapa.org)

I am looking to hire a PA/NP to work for me in a outpatient pain/sports medicine clinic and also help run rehab programs in 2 subacute rehab facilities. I wanted some suggestions from the members of this form on what the best strategy would be for looking for an ideal candidate. My practice will be in a town outside of Chicago so I was considering contacting the local PA school Deans. Is there an online job board specifically for PA's. Thanks.

Love hearing about sports medicine practices.

As an aside, have you considered recruiting someone with both an ATC and PA-C background? That to me would be ideal for the position you are looking to fill.