Hiring process?

Started by Ayuka001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ayuka001

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
Just a question about the hiring process. Is the background check and contacting references usually done after the interview goes well? Or can they be done anytime in the application process?

Because I had an interview and when I arrived I was told to go next door and do the fingerprinting process. At the end of the interview I was told that I would receive email to input reference info. Just thought it was odd since I thought background checks are usually done after interview.
 
When i interviewed last year, they only started to contact my references after you were interested in me but i think it varies tho. It can go either way. Where did you interview?