histo/imaging

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exeunt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone have any good site/book recommendations for histology or imaging review? i'm getting REAMED on these questions... browsed thru the older threads but a lot of those sites are defunct now. any help is appreciated :(

Members don't see this ad.

Get Wheater's. Don't get Lange Histo cards.
Wheater's is a ~450 page textbook/atlas. OP look in the back of FA at the cell bio/histology review book resources. Go on amazon or the bookstore to check them out. Wheater's is solid, but if you're short on time a review book is higher yield.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wheater's is a ~450 page textbook/atlas.

I should have been more specific. I meant Wheater's review book, which is about 200 pages and is somewhat like a histology/pathology image-based question bank in print. I think it would suit the OP's needs well.

As far as sites, here are a few good ones:
Blue Histology
WebPath, which you probably already know about, and
VisualHistology, which is good for EM images, as infrequent as they are.

thanks guys, that was really helpful:) definitely should have paid more attention in histo lab instead of sleeping thru it...

does anyone have any similar recommendations for imaging (CT/MRI/X-ray) stuff?

I wrote a tidbit on imaging you'll need for step 1 here. I wouldn't take it beyond that for step I.

Book-wise, Radiology 101 is good starting point for reference and/or rotation.
Website-wise, LearningRadiology. For things you may want to see on a scalable CT, Radiopaedia may have it.
And there's always image search in your favorite search engine.

I should have been more specific. I meant Wheater's review book, which is about 200 pages and is somewhat like a histology/pathology image-based question bank in print. I think it would suit the OP's needs well.

As far as sites, here are a few good ones:
Blue Histology
WebPath, which you probably already know about, and
VisualHistology, which is good for EM images, as infrequent as they are.

wow thanks man, never even knew there was a review book!:thumbup: