histology in the SF bay area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stanford Fencer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For folks living in the SF bay area... do you know what local colleges offer a course in histology? Much appreciated.. thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know for sure. Do you just want to learn histology or you need credit for your classes? If you only want to learn, I suggest that you volunteer at any surgical pathology lab that has lots of surgery going on, they will let you practice plenty. Or find any lab that has lots of histology stuff going on. I'm sure you will learn more in those labs than at any college. As you for sure learn with the pros in the lab. And the teacher at college may not have as much experience....That's my 002 cents.

thanks a lot tinker bell... i never thought of this option. appreciate your input.

u'r welcome, Stan!
I learned my histology at ucdmc surgical pathology lab, very fun. I got to slice real mandibular tissues and stain and then look for cancerous cells...Very gross but cool. I'm sure you can find that stuff in Stanford... Good luck!
T