Histology slides: any GOOD websites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slowmo214

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a combined cell bio/histo course and I'm looking for good websites with microscopic slides of different tissues to help me with lab work. Our course book is Junqueira (in addition to some web material) but it doesn't have that many pictures.
So far I got this one:
http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/MedEd/Histo/frames/histo_frames.html
Any others?

Members don't see this ad.

UVM has a good one... can't remember the address off the top of my head though... I bet google knows though

Members don't see this ad :)
beanbean said:

I can't speak for the other sites, but Dr. Williams put in a ton of time and energy into crafting this site. The best way to go through them is to do each lab, as he guides your efforts through the most pertinant slide pictures; but if in a pinch for a specific you can search for the topic du jour as well.

Thanks for the links! Probably going to be busy with these for a while. :)

This is a little off topic, but I found that the Wheater atlas was very helpful both for the lab practicals and the written test. It's not enough for either by itself, but it's definitely a useful adjunct that doesn't take much time to work through. BRS is great for the board btw.