histopath book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cowboysfan2011

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a second year and want to go into path. We are starting out path sections and our professors are throwing up histology slides of different diseases and I am completely lost. We aren't required to have a histopath book but I would like one to learn the material for exams as well as for the future. I figured the people on this forum would know the best histopath books so I can start to learn this stuff. Thanks in advance for the help
 
While I was growing up, I used Wheater's Functional Histology and Wheater's Basic Histopathology. I don't know what the common U.S.-based entry-level histology books are however.

The alternative is to use web-based atlases, of which WebPath is probably the most popular.
 
I also loved both the Wheater's books, bought 'em long before medical school in fact. They're both very nice texts.