China and Eastern Asia Hku mbbs/cuhk?

Started by fish0315
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fish0315

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to apply to HKU and CUHK medicine through non-jupas next year 2013.
I used to study in HK in secondary school, but then I transfer to a US boarding school in junior year.
Here is my stats:
SAT: 2200 (superscore)
SAT II: 800 Math2, 800 Physics
AP: All 5s in BC Calc, Statistics, Physics C, Environmental Science
GPA: 3.83

I also plan to take AP chem next time and probably take SAT chem/bio in november.
Does HKU offer conditional offer to US students if I haven't taken the chemistry exams before deadline?
What are my chances? What could I do to increase my chances?
Thanks 🙂
 
I would like to apply to HKU and CUHK medicine through non-jupas next year 2013.
I used to study in HK in secondary school, but then I transfer to a US boarding school in junior year.
Here is my stats:
SAT: 2200 (superscore)
SAT II: 800 Math2, 800 Physics
AP: All 5s in BC Calc, Statistics, Physics C, Environmental Science
GPA: 3.83

I also plan to take AP chem next time and probably take SAT chem/bio in november.
Does HKU offer conditional offer to US students if I haven't taken the chemistry exams before deadline?
What are my chances? What could I do to increase my chances?
Thanks 🙂
I don't know much about the US system but it sounds like you have a good chance. I applied to both medical schools this year and I got offers from both of them. It would be helpful if you have done work experience to demonstrate your commitment/ understanding of what a career in medicine involves. Best of luck to you & I hope I'll see you next year 🙂