Hm, how does this work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GospelKid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I turned in my app June 10th - but I didn't have my DAT completed at that time. A lot of other threads here said that AADSAS will mail out your app and then re-mail out your app once my DAT is completed. Well - I took my DAT yesterday.. and now I don't really know what to expect.

Many of my friends have gotten secondaries from UCSF and such. Does UCSF only extend secondaries to those who have their app complete or not?

Anyways - I also realize that my app isn't complete until my secondaries are also turned in - something I can finally do because my DATs are done. My main question is - am I considered late? Do they keep my app at the position it was received (like the first batch or whatever) and let me add my DAT onto that? Or did i get pushed back because my DAT wasn't finished yet?

Not sure if it matters but I have a 3.83 GPA and a 24AA/23TS on my DATs - I dont think that helps answer the question if I'm early or not - but maybe they only save your spot if you're competitive? Or maybe I'm just wishing i took my DAT earlier haha. I just want to go to dental school....

Members don't see this ad.

I ]
My main question is - am I considered late?..

People here may tell you that you're late, but I think you are still pretty darn competitive.

I believe your early submission (June 6) will demonstrate commitment to getting into d school, but I'm unsure how a DAT score coming in after the application is officially handled at any school. I've read in other threads however, that apps are set aside until complete. Remember though, it is technically July for another minute and that you have stellar numbers. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Seems to vary greatly with the school. I know someone who received an interview invitation and attended the interview before taking the DATs then got a rejection letter pretty early on. I guess a 4.0 GPA doesn't help much if you bomb the DATs.