Hmmm Quick question needing a quick answer.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nutmeg1621

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you have more than one minor? Like a double minor.

Members don't see this ad.

depending on ur school, u would need to talk to ur advisor

I don't see why not, but you'd have to check the policies of your school.

Then again, my college wouldn't even let me have one minor unless it was in a different college (I was in natural sciences, my minor would have had to be in liberal arts, communication, etc).

Members don't see this ad :)
hahaha Brownie, I love your Family Guy reference ;)

Usually you can. At my university, they just stipulate that they must differ by x number of credits. You also have to be careful if you're going to do three related subjects (i.e., biochem, cell bio, biophysics) because you'll probably end up trying to tripe count certain classes, which they probably won't allow. My advice would be just just make sure you have everything on paper, signed, and registered with the administration before you take a bunch of classes. They can change the requirements pretty quickly without informing you, and I know more than a few people that have been screwed because they didn't have everything on paper beforehand.

Nutmeg1621 said:
Can you have more than one minor? Like a double minor.
Schools still have minors? Wow...

All degrees conferred depend on the college/university you attend. There are still universities that will allow a "triple" major, while mine only allows a double at most (and then no minors). Others will allow a major/minor combo, major/minor/minor, major/major/minor... well, you get the idea.

Bottom line: ask your advisor who knows a HECK of a lot more about your school than we do. :)

ShyRem said:
Others will allow a major/minor combo, major/minor/minor, major/major/minor... well, you get the idea.

heh, ive got a double major double minor.

schools limit the degrees you can recieve? hmmm... as long as you do the work, without trying to count classes for multiple degrees, i dont see why any school would do that