HMMM.... SCREWED MUCH?.... help me. :[

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yjdentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today, I received a letter from Western saying that the requirement for LOE has not been satisfied. I was confused because I submitted a comittee letter.

So I decided to check with my professor, who is the chair of pre-health committee at my school and the one who submitted the letter, and I found out that the letter she sent was NOT a committee letter.

*Skip the part how she could've messed up because IDK HOW AKA I made it clear what I wanted was a comittee letter.*

Well, now my application is INCOMPLETE at the END OF SEPTEMBER.

What I am concerned about:

1) My app is now EXTREMELY LATE.
2) That this letter is labeled as a "committee" letter in the system when it's not. I don't want the schools to think this is a committee letter, when in fact, it's only a letter from a science teacher...
3) How I would go about letting schools know that the professor submitted the wrong letter.

I just called Western and USC because it was the only place open right now and they told me to just send it in asap...

Advice on what you would do? Should I call every school or email?

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe the proff can rewrite/reformat the letter to satisfy the committee requirement and upload it asap.

I would just call each school and tell them what happened. I don't think this will be too big of a deal if the proff resends the letter asap. That is annoying though :/

Today, I received a letter from Western saying that the requirement for LOE has not been satisfied. I was confused because I submitted a comittee letter.

So I decided to check with my professor, who is the chair of pre-health committee at my school and the one who submitted the letter, and I found out that the letter she sent was NOT a committee letter.

*Skip the part how she could've messed up because IDK HOW AKA I made it clear what I wanted was a comittee letter.*

Well, now my application is INCOMPLETE at the END OF SEPTEMBER.

What I am concerned about:

1) My app is now EXTREMELY LATE.
2) That this letter is labeled as a "committee" letter in the system when it's not. I don't want the schools to think this is a committee letter, when in fact, it's only a letter from a science teacher...
3) How I would go about letting schools know that the professor submitted the wrong letter.

I just called Western and USC because it was the only place open right now and they told me to just send it in asap...

Advice on what you would do? Should I call every school or email?

Oh wow....thats a really unfortunate situation...:eek:

A) Resend it in as a COMMITTEE LETTER
B) Get three/four other professors to send in single LORS to satisfy LOR requirement
C) Call the schools and tell them about the discrepency; however, I don't think they can allow that as it is not marked "COMMITTEE LETTER" (I would imagine they are really strict about that).