Ho hard is it to flunk/dropout of med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bulldogs said:
Im not nor will I EVER be that kiss-ass or subordinate to others and let then tell me what and HOW to do it.

Give me a hoop. Watch me jump.

Members don't see this ad.

bulldogs said:
Ok, heres the scoop on why I quit med school. (and if anyones got a really similar situation let me know). 1st of all, Im in no mood to do all the work. 2nd, I dont like school nor atttending clases and Im not rah rah about stuff like other idiots I met there so far. Too many ppl I met said things like, "wow, Im soo glad to be here or I love learning this as it will apply later on in my specialty, yada, yada". Lets say this, I really think its like being confined in a box and realizing if you cant or dont want to retain all the extraneous material, you CANT go past this nor get out of this box-- FOREVER!
My temper is such that if I dont pass an exam,etc. I want to just throw a fit because, damn if Ill let these idiots (faculty,etc) stop me from my goal. And throwing fits and destroying my apt daily, aint too cool on my wallet when I gotta pay for damages and its not too healthy for me and my psyche either, huh? Ill just find another school or print a degree from some foreign bogus med school in central america or such.

I just cant relate to any of my classmates as they actually freakin COMPLY w/ studying for exams like good little worker ants obeying the queen. Stay on sdn for a few hrs a day and at least you get instant fun and gratification not total boredom reading and memorizing some abstract fact when you're pissed from the moment you get up regretting that in order to get to the clinical yrs you gotta suck up all this useless garbage/BS. WTF??!!

Im not nor will I EVER be that kiss-ass or subordinate to others and let then tell me what and HOW to do it. if I could be inbusiness for myself and just learn what I need about mediicne that currently pertains to ME not serving patients that detract from my time taking care of ME, then yeah, Id go to THAT med school. But obviously that aint gonna happen in my lifetime now is it? Theres more to come but this is a brief explanation of why Im not there anymore and I cant see this being any diff. 50 yrs from now, do you?

I think you need to be institutionalized for some serious mental health treatment. That post is frighteningly out of touch with reality, contradictory, etc. I am glad you left medical school. Now call the psych dept and ask for some help.

stinkycheese said:
I think you need to be institutionalized for some serious mental health treatment. That post is frighteningly out of touch with reality, contradictory, etc. I am glad you left medical school. Now call the psych dept and ask for some help.
Ive dealt w/ the school psychiatrist and counselor. The shrink just wants to talk me into meds that have side effects. Would you take meds to do a career when your body tells you not too. I dont really want a job that entails that high of stress that you NEED to be medicated, to stay alert enough to focus/study, etc. The counselor is a fat lady and a joke. She is the ONLY one I can get through school, but Ive got no working relationship nor respect for her, so thats not too conducive to getting very good counseling.

So there, I guess Im stuck. Plus I skipped alot of appointments because I didnt feel like going because they werent going to "do the studying for me" no matter how much time I wasted sitting in their respective offices. Classic narcissim personality disorder huh? Yeah me and Ozzy Osborne or some other nutcase. :D This is a classic example of how supposed healthcare pro's get paid to literally, do NOTHING. They are a joke and quite a pitiful disgrace to supposed medicine/healthcare. They didnt motivate me...I guess they suck then at their professions because they couldnt be successful coniving me to stuff meds down my mouth or talk therapy-ing me into "achieving success in the med profession".

Really I dont know why Im responding to this thread anymore, Im getting bored w/ the whole subject. What sounded good a few days ago to post a ques. about quitting med school, has met w/ annoying and challenging responses. Go figure...

Members don't see this ad :)
bulldogs said:
Ive dealt w/ the school psychiatrist and counselor. The shrink just wants to talk me into meds that have side effects. Would you take meds to do a career when your body tells you not too. I dont really want a job that entails that high of stress that you NEED to be medicated, to stay alert enough to focus/study, etc. The counselor is a fat lady and a joke. She is the ONLY one I can get through school, but Ive got no working relationship nor respect for her, so thats not too conducive to getting very good counseling.

So there, I guess Im stuck. Plus I skipped alot of appointments because I didnt feel like going because they werent going to "do the studying for me" no matter how much time I wasted sitting in their respective offices. Classic narcissim personality disorder huh? Yeah me and Ozzy Osborne or some other nutcase. :D This is a classic example of how supposed healthcare pro's get paid to literally, do NOTHING. They are a joke and quite a pitiful disgrace to supposed medicine/healthcare. They didnt motivate me...I guess they suck then at their professions because they couldnt be successful coniving me to stuff meds down my mouth or talk therapy-ing me into "achieving success in the med profession".

Really I dont know why Im responding to this thread anymore, Im getting bored w/ the whole subject. What sounded good a few days ago to post a ques. about quitting med school, has met w/ annoying and challenging responses. Go figure...

Bye bye, troll.

bulldogs said:
Ok, heres the scoop on why I quit med school. (and if anyones got a really similar situation let me know). 1st of all, Im in no mood to do all the work. 2nd, I dont like school nor atttending clases and Im not rah rah about stuff like other idiots I met there so far. Too many ppl I met said things like, "wow, Im soo glad to be here or I love learning this as it will apply later on in my specialty, yada, yada". Lets say this, I really think its like being confined in a box and realizing if you cant or dont want to retain all the extraneous material, you CANT go past this nor get out of this box-- FOREVER!
My temper is such that if I dont pass an exam,etc. I want to just throw a fit because, damn if Ill let these idiots (faculty,etc) stop me from my goal. And throwing fits and destroying my apt daily, aint too cool on my wallet when I gotta pay for damages and its not too healthy for me and my psyche either, huh? Ill just find another school or print a degree from some foreign bogus med school in central america or such.

I just cant relate to any of my classmates as they actually freakin COMPLY w/ studying for exams like good little worker ants obeying the queen. Stay on sdn for a few hrs a day and at least you get instant fun and gratification not total boredom reading and memorizing some abstract fact when you're pissed from the moment you get up regretting that in order to get to the clinical yrs you gotta suck up all this useless garbage/BS. WTF??!!

Im not nor will I EVER be that kiss-ass or subordinate to others and let then tell me what and HOW to do it. if I could be inbusiness for myself and just learn what I need about mediicne that currently pertains to ME not serving patients that detract from my time taking care of ME, then yeah, Id go to THAT med school. But obviously that aint gonna happen in my lifetime now is it? Theres more to come but this is a brief explanation of why Im not there anymore and I cant see this being any diff. 50 yrs from now, do you?

Most other careers also require you to speak english.

But then that would require memorizing a lot of grammar and proper spelling, so maybe you are too smart for that too.

I hear you bulldogs and I dont judge you for your decision...

med students have no idea how good life can be outside of med school or not being a doctor so go for it and good luck.

you must be a very smart person to realize this while also being able to get into MD school. The process of getting in has already taken the souls of most of those in school,eg the above posters ripping on you.

Just think it out thoroughly, pros and cons and how far you ahve already come and what is physically in your way to succeeding. I mean if you repeat the year once, twice, wont you eventually pass, then who cares?

Good luck man

Hoya11 said:

med students have no idea how good life can be outside of med school or not being a doctor so go for it and good luck.

you must be a very smart person to realize this while also being able to get into MD school. The process of getting in has already taken the souls of most of those in school,eg the above posters ripping on you.

Just think it out thoroughly, pros and cons and how far you ahve already come and what is physically in your way to succeeding. I mean if you repeat the year once, twice, wont you eventually pass, then who cares?

Good luck man
Hoya, I can't find the desire to go back, is where all the problem stems from. Plus I just sent back the keys to my apartment thus Ive got no place to live since I broke the lease and left it unpaid. I owe Feb. rent still which Im not going to pay but rather, use this money to setup whatever else I'll need to do. Ive got a friend w/ a 2 bed apt. that Im moving into w/ him.
So therefore Ive got a rent judgment vs. me and I may not get another apt. now on my own for awhile. So I kind of trapped my self into quitting by relinquishing my apt., so as to not allow a chance to turn back and reconsider. My way of avoiding the issue by not allowing an opportunity to change my mind.

bulldogs said:
Hoya, I can't find the desire to go back, is where all the problem stems from. Plus I just sent back the keys to my apartment thus Ive got no place to live since I broke the lease and left it unpaid. I owe Feb. rent still which Im not going to pay but rather, use this money to setup whatever else I'll need to do. Ive got a friend w/ a 2 bed apt. that Im moving into w/ him.
So therefore Ive got a rent judgment vs. me and I may not get another apt. now on my own for awhile. So I kind of trapped my self into quitting by relinquishing my apt., so as to not allow a chance to turn back and reconsider. My way of avoiding the issue by not allowing an opportunity to change my mind.

OMG ... you really need REAL psychiatric care. If you can't face a simple problem like medical school, the real world is going to kick your butt.

MD'05 said:
OMG ... you really need REAL psychiatric care. If you can't face a simple problem like medical school, the real world is going to kick your butt.
dude, you're pretty funny. are you as hilarious as your avatar portrays?
haha.

I CAN'T believe ANYONE is giving this guy any discussion. At best he is a fraud, at worst he is a lazy, conceited jerk. Reading his posts is like reading an exerpt from Holden Caufield (Catcher in the Rye). Either way, there is some axis II stuff going on here that is beyond anyone's help. I personally don't believe any of his jive. :barf:

bulldogs said:
dude, you're pretty funny. are you as hilarious as your avatar portrays?
haha.

Even more so.

NotShorty said:
Black balled at American med schools? Just allo, or osteo too? How bad does this look to other health professions (nurse, dent, PA, PT, etc.)? If the OP is having these issues with 1st semester of med school, he probably wasn't shooting for cardiac surg to begin with, and certainly could explore a rewarding health related field that is more suited to him after figuring things out a little better.

NS

I don't know about anything other than allopathic medical school. I know he applied again, just as the Dean suggested, and he did not get accepted. Think about it, why would a medical school let someone in who has already shown they cannot handle the work over someone w/ the same credentials and a clean slate.

Hoya11 said:

Good luck man

Hey Hoya...I know what life is like outside of medical school and being a physician since I took a year off before medical school. So, I think I do have an idea. I love medical school and will love being a physician, and cannot see myself doing anything else. What may seem like a good life to you may not be good for another person.... So, maybe you should stop judging the thought process of medical students.

I am 99.999% sure you are a troll, but on the off chance you are not, I am going to respond to this drivel.

bulldogs said:
Ive dealt w/ the school psychiatrist and counselor. The shrink just wants to talk me into meds that have side effects. Would you take meds to do a career when your body tells you not too. I dont really want a job that entails that high of stress that you NEED to be medicated, to stay alert enough to focus/study, etc.

I would take meds if I needed them because of a psychiatric illness. I don't think your schooling has caused this in you, I think you are genuinely endogenously mentally ill.

bulldogs said:
The counselor is a fat lady and a joke.

It is nice to know you are evaluating her based on her credentials instead of her body size. Oh, wait... you're not. Apparently this counselor is at least smart and hard-working enough to have gotten where she is, which is more than anyone can say for you -- fat or not.

bulldogs said:
She is the ONLY one I can get through school, but Ive got no working relationship nor respect for her, so thats not too conducive to getting very good counseling.

It doesn't seem like you have respect for anyone or anything, really. Maybe you could tell her you don't respect her and through your transference, figure out why you think you're the tops while everyone else is a shmuck.

bulldogs said:
So there, I guess Im stuck. Plus I skipped alot of appoitments because I didnt feel like going because they werent going to "do the studying for me" no matter how much time I wasted sitting in their respective offices.

No, they weren't going to study for you. I am sorry your delusions prevent you from understanding that they shouldn't be doing the studying for you anyway.

bulldogs said:
Classic narcissim personality disorder huh? Yeah me and Ozzy Osborne or some other nutcase. :D This is a classic example of how supposed healthcare pro's get paid to literally, do NOTHING. They are a joke and quite a pitiful disgrace to supposed medicine/healthcare.

Right. From NPD to people who don't do their jobs. The only ineffective person here is you.

They didnt motivate me...I guess they suck then at their professions because they couldnt be successful coniving me to stuff meds down my mouth or talk therapy-ing me into "achieving success in the med profession".

If you didn't go to the appts and didn't have any respect for or confidence in your therapist, what did you expect?

Here's a non-annoying, non-challenging response: quit. That's what you need to do. You are not cut out for this. Seek serious help.

Or, stop trolling.

cheese, w/ that rocket scientist mind of yours and your mental health diagnosis why dont you consider being a psychiatrist like the inept one at my school. maybe you could do as much good as this guy has for students here.

Tallguy said:
Hey Hoya...I know what life is like outside of medical school and being a physician since I took a year off before medical school. So, I think I do have an idea. I love medical school and will love being a physician, and cannot see myself doing anything else. What may seem like a good life to you may not be good for another person.... So, maybe you should stop judging the thought process of medical students.

SOrry didnt mean to generalize all students just the one flaming this dude...

ANd PS dont cite your 1 year off as you "knowing" anything, ill let this pissy little comment go

Hoya11 said:
SOrry didnt mean to generalize all students just the one flaming this dude...

ANd PS dont cite your 1 year off as you "knowing" anything, ill let this pissy little comment go

The reason this guy is getting flamed is because his story makes no sense.

He has been in medical school for less than a year and his attitude is this piss poor? He must be a sociopath to have fooled the adcom to let him into school in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.