1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Hobbies

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MedSchoolChica, May 10, 2007.

1. MedSchoolChica

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    There is a choice on the Work/Activities portion of the AMCAS application that is titled Extracurriculars/Hobbies/Avocations. My question is this: if one has left over space, (ie. doesn't have a full 15 activities) would it be advantageous to write a little blurb about hobbies, and things you do for fun, even if they aren't something done in clubs. For example, I'm an avid swimmer, I crochet, draw, write poetry etc...and none of these things are done in a club setting, but it may be nice to mention these things, to show I do more than tutor, research, study, etc...

2. zeff

zeff Kikey McGuido
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I listed that I like to play basketball (usually just pickup) and go walking in the evening (yes I know I am an old man:)) and several interviewers asked me about both--the admissions readers like to know what you do to unwind, and "get to know you as a person"--I definitely think you should list your hobbies, it can't hurt and might catch an interviewer's eye, make you stand out of that thick pile of applications.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...