Hold after interview = pre-rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyecare4eyecare

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Arrrg, I'm on hold for 2 schools b/c they want this term's grades, and on hold for 1 school because they're going to review it again after all the interviews. Seems like pre-rejections/pre-waitlists to me =( Has anyone gotten actually rejected after the interview, or is this how they do it? Also, what are the chances of me getting in after the 2nd review?

Sorry for the repetitiveness...just frustrating since I got interviews at 6 of the 7 schools I applied to, interviewed with most of them already, and still haven't gotten accepted. =/

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on hold for 2 schools b/c they want this term's grades, and on hold for 1 school because they're going to review it again after all the interviews. Seems like pre-rejections to me =( Has anyone gotten actually rejected after the interview, or is this how they do it? Also, what are the chances of me getting in after the 2nd review/turning in my term grades (which should be decent)?

Sorry for the repetiveness...just getting worried.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=375100

maybe that will help

i have since been accepted to SUNY after my hold + a one time $5k scholarship..maybe that can get ur hopes up =)

thanks for the encouragement, that does help my spirits! =)

Although...I think I'm in a different situation from you. They said they want to review my application again after my term grades, so it's like I'm not even on official "hold" status yet. It seems like I'm on "review" still. =(

In either case, seems like im going for the waitlist spots. double =(

Such a sad thread, haha....had to vent though, sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow suny gave you 5k in scholarship? nice!
thanks! but i dont even know if im going to go there..im torn between suny and scco. i LOVE nyc but im not too fond of the suny building nor was my tourguide that excited about her experience. on the other hand, i love scco's campus but im from oc so it'd be nice to be in new surroundings and start over new + scco costs A LOT

*sigh* if anyone could give me feedback it would be greatly appreciated =)

thanks! but i dont even know if im going to go there..im torn between suny and scco. i LOVE nyc but im not too fond of the suny building nor was my tourguide that excited about her experience. on the other hand, i love scco's campus but im from oc so it'd be nice to be in new surroundings and start over new + scco costs A LOT

*sigh* if anyone could give me feedback it would be greatly appreciated =)

well, if i were you, and if were to have a friend up near the NY area, i'd choose to go to NY. and yes, getting to be in a new surrounding would be a nice experience =)

NYC: You have to deal with the SUNY & New York (distractions, i.e., time square, traffic, cold, expensive housing cost, anything big happens (disaster) they shut down the city, and tough curriculum.

SCCO: You deal with SCCO and boring old fullerton. Not much risk.

If you have the city life mentality, then go to SUNY. If not, then stay with what you're comfortable with then after graduation go crazy and do what you feel like.

It also would suck if you're going to put down $150,000 for school and kill yourself with stress and distraction in the process.