Hold for grades update letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wabi-sabi

Reaction score
I recently had an interview where I was placed on hold until my grades for the fall come in and was told to update them once they’re in. My question is, since this is my top choice and my stats are ~average, should I included a short LOI (heard they’re receptive to them) with it and update on research things? I have a middle author pub submitted to a journal and I will find out if it’s accepted or not in January/February. I will also be presenting a different study as a poster at a regional conference in the spring for sure with a chance of this being published too, but it’s not submitted to journals yet. So do I include a short summary of the research stuff and a LOI along with the updated grades or just grades? I should have a ~3.7 this semester fwiw and it’s a DO school

@Goro

Members don't see this ad.

I recently had an interview where I was placed on hold until my grades for the fall come in and was told to update them once they’re in. My question is, since this is my top choice and my stats are ~average, should I included a short LOI (heard they’re receptive to them) with it and update on research things? I have a middle author pub submitted to a journal and I will find out if it’s accepted or not in January/February. I will also be presenting a different study as a poster at a regional conference in the spring for sure with a chance of this being published too, but it’s not submitted to journals yet. So do I include a short summary of the research stuff and a LOI along with the updated grades or just grades? I should have a ~3.7 this semester fwiw and it’s a DO school

@Goro
No "I heard"....find out for sure if they are willing to take updates.

Submitted MS's are worthless as update material.

Reactions: 1 users
Nothing worse than not following specific instructions.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Send a LOI after the grades are in. Western is receptive to meaningful updates, they told you as much when you interviewed.

Reactions: 1 user