"Hold for interview "

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by skijag3, Sep 9, 2002.

1. skijag3

skijag3 Member

Hmmm, has anyone been given this status by a medical school ? It sounds kind of shady to me.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Curci

Curci The Master Chief

I think I've heard something like this, either directly in a letter I received from a school, or indirectly through these forums.

Which school was it that said this to you? Have they already begun interviewing applicants, at least according to the "Official SDN thread?"

4. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    My friend had this happen last year. She was on hold for 10 weeks (at VCU/MCV), then got interviewed, waitlisted and finally accepted.

It just means you haven't been rejected, but you aren't on the top of their list so they will interview you later in the process. My firend did have to contact them after 10 weeks to ask if they were going to interview her. They happen to have a cancelation that week so they put her in that spot.

So it really isn't unusal to be put on hold for an interview. Hey, it's not a rejection.:) :)

5. calbears84

calbears84 professional baller

amyb...what school are you talking about?

6. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    The Medical College of Virginia in Richmond Virginia, which is part of Virginia Commonwealth University

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member

George Washington was (in)famous for putting people on "hold" for an interview last year. And then that was the last you'd hear from them.

8. dr kevin40

dr kevin40 Senior Member

at most schools tho, hold for interview means you most likely won't get the interview =(

there was a topic bout this. u guys should stop posting so many repeat topics and actually take the time to read what others wrote.