hold status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kristykan2003

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Did anyone have their file placed on hold because your weren't as competitive as other applicant? And somehow, you were actually admitted later on? Tell us your story.......Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

For me, I have my file placed on hold for the schools that i'm applying to. They said i need to improve my oat. Well, when will the oat result come? I am so anxious. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get on your OAT and which school or schools are you on hold on?

Members don't see this ad :)
kristykan2003 said:
For me, I have my file placed on hold for the schools that i'm applying to. They said i need to improve my oat. Well, when will the oat result come? I am so anxious. :)

Hello:

Just like the written OAT exam, it will take about 6-8 weeks for schools to get that information (sometimes a little bit less). I'm guessing that they will not receive your scores until later this month at least or perhaps even next month.

Were you placed on hold after the interview or were you placed on hold to get an interview? I don't know when schools stop interviewing candidates, but I can probably ask a few friends I have at different schools if you let us know which schools you are concerned about.

- Rosanna

I don’t know if this is quite the same thing, but I was wait-listed at UAB. They never actually told me this, but I kept in contact with the other guy who interviewed with me and he emailed me when he found out he was accepted. I found out about two weeks later. I'm sure that someone decided to go somewhere else and then I received a spot. Reasons why I might have been wait listed: my GPA isn't as high as the average and I didn’t feel my interview went very well. But hey, I'm in now so no complains!

Hope this helps :)

I have not been granted any interviews yet. They placed my file on hold until my results for the feb oats are received. My file is placed on hold for SCCO, Ohio, SCO and Nova. I did terribly on the oat. Got a 300 overall. :( Also, my GPA sucks. Around 3.0 nonscience major.

kristykan2003 said:
I have not been granted any interviews yet. They placed my file on hold until my results for the feb oats are received. My file is placed on hold for SCCO, Ohio, SCO and Nova. I did terribly on the oat. Got a 300 overall. :( Also, my GPA sucks. Around 3.0 nonscience major.

Hi, Kristi, I have similar stats and received an interview at NOVA, PCO and NECO. I am on hold also to take the OATs over this month on the computer. You should just keep your head up, you will get in-that's what I keep telling myself.

Ok, in regards to SCCO:

According to my friend who is a student there, she heard right before spring break (Feb 19 - Feb 27) that there were 30 open spots. She says that number is pretty confirmed (she heard this around Feb 11 or so) and she is also a student interviewer so I'm sure she gets the correct news.

SCCO has been interviewing since the break, so that may mean that less than 30 spots are available now. She is not sure when the last interview day is but she'll try to find out for you.

- Rosanna

I'm just wondering, do you think you guys are not getting interviews YET (you will get soon), because you guys applied late? Do you think you gals would have gotten interviews if you were to apply starting September?

Thank you Rosanna. I summited my application and all the necessary stuff early September. Compare to other applicant, I believe i'm on the low side. :( Meaning my GPA, oat scores are are pathetic. :) Thanks everyone for your your reassurance.

Hi,

I called SCCO a couple days ago and I think they said that they had handed out all their seats (but not everyone has accepted). Rosanna, is this what your friend from SCCO says? I sent in my application pretty late, like third week of Feb. Then I had to send in my course information (AR). At this point, what do you think my chances of actually getting in are? I would hate to make a trip down there from MI when there's a verly low probability of me even gettting in.

GPA overall:3.7
GPA science: 3.55
OAT AA: 340
OAT TS: 360

They haven't invited me for an interview as of now. Urgh...I wish I had applied earlier. Does SCCO tend to fill up their seats faster than other schools?

Ning-Ju

Hi Ning:

My friend only heard that 30 seats were open before her spring break. As of now, she doesn't know the exact number of any seats open. She "thinks" that there are barely any seats available (if at all) since SCCO has had interviews since the break and those seats may have filled in already. She has not confirmed this.

I'm not sure if SCCO fill up their seats faster compared to other schools. I just know that applying early is good no matter which school you want to get into. SCCO starts interviewing in September which is common for other schools.

With your stats, I'm sure that it is quite possible for you to get wait-listed at SCCO. I'm not sure how fast the wait-list moves but that's always a possibility.

- Rosanna