Hold transcript for degree awarded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phish

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm pretty much done with my application, and sent in for a transcript from my first college. I just graduated college in June, and I still need a transcript from that college. Should I tell the registrar to hold the transcript until my degree is awarded (which they said should be next week), or should I change my application to say "degree expected" (as opposed to "degree awarded," like it is now) and tell the registrar to send in the transcript ASAP? Thanks for all your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I have the same question...unfortunately for me mine wont be awarded until 1st week of august even though I have completed all requirements for my masters. Should I just submit now rather than wait 6-7 more weeks for transcript and then maybe 3-4 weeks for aadsas to get everything processed. I think I should submit, but I've made mistakes before. Not trying to hijack OP thread, but I would like some input as well.

To OP seems to me if it is only 1 week then wait,especially if it is your first degree. I do understand the sense of urgency you are feeling though. You could probably go ahead and submit and then your transcript will just come later. It probably all works out the same in the end.

Bump for more answers...

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have an answer, and nobody else does so far. Somebody should e-mail aadsas help this question and then repost the answer. I found them mildly helpful when I had a question.

You're right, I will call them in a few minutes and post the answer.

I called them up, they said to hold for the degree because even if I get it out now it probably wouldn't make the first batch.
Interestingly, she said that they send out batches every week on Friday, so it shouldn't make that big of a difference.