Hole punching on real dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doeordie

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a bunch of DAT Bootcamp generator problems, and almost all of the generated problems have been placing hole punches in-between rows/columns. I've only seen a very limited number of these type of problems from Crack the DAT PAT.

How many of these problems can I expect on the real DAT, in which hole punches don't fall completely into a box of the (imaginary) 4x4 grid?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if anyone can estimate the number of those problems but the dat and boot camp are on the same level. The real exam would be exam number 11 on boot camp if bootcamp had 11 exams instead of 10.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure if anyone can estimate the number of those problems but the dat and boot camp are on the same level. The real exam would be exam number 11 on boot camp if bootcamp had 11 exams instead of 10.
I actually LOL'd when I read this.

It's impossible for any of these prep companies to be accurate with the real DAT unless they are associated with the ADA (which I guarantee none of them are). That being said, I personally thought CracktheDAT was more accurate to my DAT but it doesn't hurt using Bootcamp's generator to prepare. But expect a combination of punches in-between rows/columns and in the grid questions on the real DAT.

It's impossible for any of these prep companies to be accurate with the real DAT unless they are associated with the ADA (which I guarantee none of them are). That being said, I personally thought CracktheDAT was more accurate to my DAT but it doesn't hurt using Bootcamp's generator to prepare. But expect a combination of punches in-between rows/columns and in the grid questions on the real DAT.
Did you really? :p
I agree with everything he said, try to practice on both products and if you have the money, get achiever, heard it's harder than both. But with Crack Dat pat, it's definitely a good practice but my exam wasn't similar, I scored multiple 23s on crackdatpat, and my highest was a 25. On bootcamp, I took 7 exams I believe, used to score either 20s or 21s. Managed to get a 22 on the real exam. It was very similar to bootcamp, that's my experience. Hole punching was very similar to bootcamp. You never know what your exam will look like or which product it's similar to, so use both and you'll be good.

Did you really? :p
I agree with everything he said, try to practice on both products and if you have the money, get achiever, heard it's harder than both. But with Crack Dat pat, it's definitely a good practice but my exam wasn't similar, I scored multiple 23s on crackdatpat, and my highest was a 25. On bootcamp, I took 7 exams I believe, used to score either 20s or 21s. Managed to get a 22 on the real exam. It was very similar to bootcamp, that's my experience. Hole punching was very similar to bootcamp. You never know what your exam will look like or which product it's similar to, so use both and you'll be good.