Hole Punching

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the prodogy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, they give you as much paper you need while taking the exam. For the hole punching part of the test, are you allowed to cut a square piece of paper out to use as a visual aid? And for those that have taken it, will using a piece of paper take up too much time?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry. I couldn't help smiling while reading your post. OK anyways, one definite answer to all your questions will be NO.;)

First of all, you are not given any paper but laminated paper or dry/erase pad which is not foldable at all.
Second, when you are entering the testing room, you are not allowed to carry anything other than what they give you. Don't think about sneaking in anything. You are monitored and when they find anything suspicious you will be kicked out. End of story.
Finally, why would you want to waste any precious minute and risk great to solve one or two hole punching problem? Believe me. They are not that hard once you practice.

Yeah, I can do most of them in my head, just one or two sometimes make me think a little. And I got an old version of... "how to prepare for the DAT" and said that they allow all the paper you need. Musta been really old. Anyways, not too bad since the key hole is pretty easy