Holidays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

freyamaxine

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When does everyone finish university for the year?

I finished my last exam today. I don't really know what to do with myself, my brain keeps telling me that I should be studying but I don't have anything to study for 😍


What do people usually do over their holidays? I plan to go running a lot, read a lot of books (that are not textbooks!), watch a lot of television and just sit around in the sun.
 
Wow! That sounds like heaven. I am not (as of yet) in vet school. I'm trying to finish my Masters in the spring. I don't get holidays, or spring break, or summer, or weekends, etc... My thesis is with snakes so even though I have an assistant, it comes down to me to take care of them. My assistant gets holidays... It wouldn't be too bad, except I have to commute an hour (one way). Oh well, enough of my pity party. Enjoy the holidays!! I have to get over to school. Today I draw blood from about 30 snakes. You'll have to tell me what it's like to read a book just for fun! I can't remember the last time I did that...😀

Laters...

-Snakegal
 
Lucky! We don't finish our last exam until December 11 😱
Our semesters tend to be a few weeks longer than other vet schools because we only have course work for 2 years instead of 2.5 or 3, so I figure I'll suffer through it now to get it over faster in the long run!

I absolutely cannot WAIT for the holidays! :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We get winter break from December 14 until January 1st. Spring semster runs through the third week of may. I am hoping to work at the ICU/ER at school this summer--we'll see how that works out.
 
Well I'm not a vet student yet........but since the OP is pre-vet I think I'll go ahead and answer too.
I don't finish until about Dec. 14, or whenever my last exam is that week. I only have 3 finals that week though, so not too bad. I have next week off for Thanksgiving.
I can't believe you're done already and that it's SUNNY there! It's about 40-45 degrees right now most days🙁 and I hate it and I want to cry sometimes because I hate the snow. I really do n't know what I'll do over break until Jan. 14, this is the first time I haven't had a job or anything.
 
My last final is December 14th so I'll be going home later that day. My break lasts until February 10th. Luckily I'll be working full time, so I won't be bored to death for nearly two months 😀
 
Our last exam was yesterday. I feel a little lost with nothing to do. But I'll get over it! I'll be finishing up my required farm prac work this summer. Milking cows until early February, then working at a horse stud. Until I start work I'll be sleeping (yay! sleep), watching lots of bad TV and cleaning up my yard (the grass has grown wild while I was busy studying).