Home Care Pharmacy Night Hours/ Weekend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

American Princess

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any home care pharmacies in the Houston area? That are open nights and weekends. I need to find an location in order to complete my 120 clinical hours that are required. I'm currently attending community college pharmacy technician program. I all out of vacation time and I've only be doing my my clinical part time.
here's some of the email that my teacher sent me.
If you are unable to do the HomeHealth clinicals then what will happen is that you are going to receive and incomplete when grades are due. You only have a specific amount of time to complete the Home Health rotation so that the grade of "I" is changed to a passing grade or if not the grade of "I" will automatically change into an "F".😕

Any tips or suggestions,
Thank you,
 
I would recommend that you contact a home health care company and ask who does their pharmacy services, and go from there. I do know that Omnicare has weekend and evening hours in the St. Louis area, and in a city the size of Houston, certainly there's got to be a facility with extended hours.
 
I would recommend that you contact a home health care company and ask who does their pharmacy services, and go from there. I do know that Omnicare has weekend and evening hours in the St. Louis area, and in a city the size of Houston, certainly there's got to be a facility with extended hours.

Thank you for your suggestion. I did locate one home care and I then referred this place to my teacher. I was told by my teacher that company are not nice to their students and I could not go there due to fact that my school does not have a contract with them. I work at a community college so I have to do my 40 hr from monday to friday that I also attend. I will have to wait to the fall in order to finish.