home school pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmacia07

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Let's say if I were to open up a school and I get over 2,000 applicants for a class of 100. How would I select the student? Hypothetically for fun, what is fairness or justification, right??

After a rigorous elimination, that is, gpa, interview, and 30 days of processing...and I got 500 students who are qualified....

I would write the name of the 500 or less (300?) of the potential student, or who I would select if I were allowed to accept 500 student for each class; but here in this school, only 100 is allowed, and put them into a lottery basket, and pick out the 100 name randomly from the 500....never know,

of that 100 students, one could turn out be a nobel candidate, make a difference...
or the worst (clown) student of them...??
 
there are a lot more factors I would consider...

personal statement, transcript (difficulty of class / difficulty of school / trends), supplementals (if they know what they are getting into. ie experience in pharmacy also), work (how much time they had to study), to a small degree extracurriculars. I'm sure there is more. But basically all I'm saying is there are a lot to go with and you would be hardpressed to find all 500 being equally good. I doubt you would ever have to pick someone's name off a hat.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sometime accepting a "perfect" candidate CAN DITATE other "problem" (kick-out, drop-out, deferred, so on...yeah, it happens) i am not going to write an essay here, but if you don't get the point here, just hypothetically, WHAT IF?
 
maybe it's about luck and bad luck...........i think there was a philosophical thread about this topic, if not when taking in too much factors.......isn't that becoming more discrimination or bigotry, hence problems....
 
Let's say if I were to open up a school and I get over 2,000 applicants for a class of 100. How would I select the student? Hypothetically for fun, what is fairness or justification, right??

After a rigorous elimination, that is, gpa, interview, and 30 days of processing...and I got 500 students who are qualified....

I would write the name of the 500 or less (300?) of the potential student, or who I would select if I were allowed to accept 500 student for each class; but here in this school, only 100 is allowed, and put them into a lottery basket, and pick out the 100 name randomly from the 500....never know,

of that 100 students, one could turn out be a nobel candidate, make a difference...
or the worst (clown) student of them...??
Rolling Basic.