Honest Advice on retaking DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MMonica

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished taking the DAT today and I received an overall score of 18. I have a cumulative GPA 0f 3.8. I'm applying to UDM and UofM. I know 18 is not the best score but I need some advice whether I should retake the DAT again or not. Please advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished taking the DAT today and I received an overall score of 18. I have a cumulative GPA 0f 3.8. I'm applying to UDM and UofM. I know 18 is not the best score but I need some advice whether I should retake the DAT again or not. Please advice.

You have an awesome cGPA and I'm assuming you sGPA is great as well. I have an 18 AA, considered retaking as well, paired with a cGPA of 3.53 and received 3 interview so far. You will definitely score some interviews, assuming the rest of your application is where it's supposed to be. I'm not sure about the avg stats for UDM and UofM, however. I would apply to a few 'back up' schools, just in case. :) If you know you can do better on the DAT (you didn't prepare enough before, etc...), I would retake. If not, don't retake.

What are the average DAT scores of matriculating students to those schools? That's probably a good place to start.

Your gpa is really good! Whats the breakdown for your DAT scores - cause I guess it depends how you did on sections too? Also - for UofM is that michigan? If so, I think they have like a requirement that they want 19+ but check it out online to be sure...if its not michigan than I'm not sure...Also, some schools might ask you, with such a high GPA why is your DAT a 18? Just be ready for that b/c you don't want them to think it was grade inflation or anything