Honest answer on hours worked

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm at a California university based program. Averaging ~68 hours thusfar in the intern year. There are maybe 5 weeks of 75 hours+ but also weeks of 60 hours. There was one particular month when I was reaching 85 hours a week but I was at an away rotation working with a system that I'm not familiar with.
 
Just out of curiosity...how much do you all work on an average floor month?

I'll start. I'm an intern at a medium-large university affiliated IM program in the midwest.

On an average floors month with one day off (not counting the 13 day stretch of workdays we experience once per month), we pull about 65 hours/wk. Granted, there are many days that are much more, rare days that are much less.

This post reminds me of NotaCop on twitter.