Honest chances

Started by michelnj
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

michelnj

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. I am not new to the forums, as I posted while back. I am currently a PA who is planning on going back to medical school. I was looking for some insight. I recently got my first MCAT score back and I was wondering what my honest chances would be for getting into medical schools.

MCAT score: 501 (126/124/124/127)
Overall GPA: 3.85
Science GPA: 3.8
Currently a PA in both orthopaedics and urgent care with 2-3 years experience in both.
 
Retake MCAT and you should be golden. If you are already working as a PA, there is no reason to rush an application with a low score, when you could just retake and apply next year. With your other stats and a good MCAT, you should have your choice of schools.