Honest Opinion, please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sam2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you all are tired of these, but I need honest opinions. I just took my OAT this past week (little late to the game I know).

Scores:

RC - 300
QR - 290
Bio - 320
GC - 310
OC - 320
Phy - 360

GPA: 3.9 from Texas A&M University.

Hoping to get into UHCO, mainly. So do I have a shot? What does the SDN community think? Especially those familiar with UHCO. Already invited for interview at SCO. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is your AA and TS? Your scores seem kind of low for your GPA so that might be a small red flag. I think you have a good shot just depends on all the other factors.

Reactions: 1 user
What is your AA and TS? Your scores seem kind of low for your GPA so that might be a small red flag. I think you have a good shot just depends on all the other factors.

330 TS and 310 AA. I know, I'm a terrible standardized test taker, and I knew my scores wouldn't reflect my gpa. But UHCO is my #1 as a Texas resident; I'm just unsure about my chances. I've already gotten an interview for SCO. Taking a look at stats, the two schools are fairly similar. So idk if they view applicants relatively the same. I just wanted the opinion of the community because I'm unsure of what to think and do. Thanks for your response!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
330 TS and 310 AA. I know, I'm a terrible standardized test taker, and I knew my scores wouldn't reflect my gpa. But UHCO is my #1 as a Texas resident; I'm just unsure about my chances. I've already gotten an interview for SCO. Taking a look at stats, the two schools are fairly similar. So idk if they view applicants relatively the same. I just wanted the opinion of the community because I'm unsure of what to think and do. Thanks for your response!!

Hey Sam, we're kind of in the same boat minus my stats are pretty much the opposite. I have a really low GPA but a high OAT score and have yet to hear from Houston and I'm instate. I have yet to hear from them and I submitted back in November. :(

Hey Sam, we're kind of in the same boat minus my stats are pretty much the opposite. I have a really low GPA but a high OAT score and have yet to hear from Houston and I'm instate. I have yet to hear from them and I submitted back in November. :(

It is a little discouraging. I've heard from most other schools I've applied to, for an interview, but UHCO. I contacted them, so hopefully we'll both hear back about an interview, soon! Keep me posted

It is a little discouraging. I've heard from most other schools I've applied to, for an interview, but UHCO. I contacted them, so hopefully we'll both hear back about an interview, soon! Keep me posted

Will do! Best of luck!

You will get into every school you apply to, assuming you do moderately well in the interviews. In a few years, it will be even easier to get in.