Honest opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlway777

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I scored 18/18/18 on DAT and have cumm. GPA 3.3 and Science GPA 3.5
what are my chances of getting in to some school?
Thanks,:)

Members don't see this ad.

That was the average scores at lots of schools last year. www.predents.com I think you have a chance. Apply to your in-state school....Never say never!!! :) Best of luck to you...

You have a solid chance with your GPA, and avg, alittle above avg DAT scores dont mess up the interview, use this website and look over previously asked questions in the interview section, send thank yous etc. But then again, if you havent submitted your app to aadsas by now, id say click submit tonight, cause ive watched it get harder and harder to get into dental school, best of luck, PM me if you have any other questions

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree you are in the middle of the pack. ECs and LORs could put you over the top. Dig deep. LORs from dentists you know, and community organizations you've volunteered at plus all of that time you spent working as a dental assistant. GL.

Thanks for the encouragement! Would like to continue getting opinions out there regarding my chances. I messed up on the DAT. My testing center did not allow me to use a single square pieces of paper for the perceptual paper folding section. This really messed me up!

Your stats are very average at best. I am glad to hear they didn't let you cheat on the DAT.

If you haven't applied yet, I would wait and retake the DAT. Do better across the board and get your GPA up!

Do something to stand out because right now you don't and you are late. If you did get accepted it would be as an alternate and it could be very late like may or June before you know, if at all.

That is just what I would do if it were me. I would die waiting. Most people will probably disagree, but I like to be in control of my future!