Honest Poll for all those Applying to Derm

Started by WolfMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WolfMD

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is something I've been wondering about for awhile....for all those applying to Derm this year, how many of you would have chosen a different field if Dermatologists made on avg 120K/yr, which is about what Family Docs can hope for?

Honestly. I'm just wondering.
 
Derm is hands down still a better lifestyle than primary care, and therefore makes more per hour than primary care.

You also do not get a lot of the midnight phone calls badgering you for refills, or the pushy narcotics seekers, or the responsibility to fill out referral paperwork, or to follow up on a lot of referrals. Etc.

I would still do it.
 
This is something I've been wondering about for awhile....for all those applying to Derm this year, how many of you would have chosen a different field if Dermatologists made on avg 120K/yr, which is about what Family Docs can hope for?

Honestly. I'm just wondering.

You're not too bright if you have to wonder about this question for a while.

👎