China and Eastern Asia Hong Kong Medical Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheDervish

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have a short list of Hong Kong Medical Schools that English speaking American citizens (Iranian citizen also, if that helps) can attend?

I'm assuming HKU is on the top of the list?
 
TheDervish said:
Does anyone have a short list of Hong Kong Medical Schools that English speaking American citizens (Iranian citizen also, if that helps) can attend?

I'm assuming HKU is on the top of the list?
i think HKU is the main one. it is extremely hard to get into- especially if you're not from HK. why do you want to go there? do you speak cantonese?
 
TheDervish said:
Does anyone have a short list of Hong Kong Medical Schools that English speaking American citizens (Iranian citizen also, if that helps) can attend?

I'm assuming HKU is on the top of the list?

Yep. HKU is definitely on the top of the list. I'm fussy with the others. 😛 (sorry). Although HKU prescribes english textbooks and the medium of instruction maybe a mixture of both english and cantonese, one still needs a good working knowledge of Cantonese in order to interact with patients (I assume not all HK people can speak english, although it was ruled by Britain for a long time).
 
Chinese University of Hong Kong together with HKU is one of the only 2 universities in HK which has a medical faculty. Although historically younger than HKU's medical school, CUHK provides excellent medical training. The language of instruction is in English and the degree conferred after 5 years of undergraduate training is MBChB.