1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Hong Kong Medical Schools?

Discussion in 'China and Eastern Asia' started by TheDervish, Aug 12, 2006.

1. TheDervish

TheDervish Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Does anyone have a short list of Hong Kong Medical Schools that English speaking American citizens (Iranian citizen also, if that helps) can attend?

I'm assuming HKU is on the top of the list?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. blazenmadison

10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    i think HKU is the main one. it is extremely hard to get into- especially if you're not from HK. why do you want to go there? do you speak cantonese?

4. jerryjr36

jerryjr36 Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yep. HKU is definitely on the top of the list. I'm fussy with the others. :p (sorry). Although HKU prescribes english textbooks and the medium of instruction maybe a mixture of both english and cantonese, one still needs a good working knowledge of Cantonese in order to interact with patients (I assume not all HK people can speak english, although it was ruled by Britain for a long time).

5. kngkng

kngkng Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Chinese University of Hong Kong together with HKU is one of the only 2 universities in HK which has a medical faculty. Although historically younger than HKU's medical school, CUHK provides excellent medical training. The language of instruction is in English and the degree conferred after 5 years of undergraduate training is MBChB.